• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

will they ever stop and cuddle???!!!

nina81

Alpha Buck
ok i'll try and give you a brief overview of whats goin on and then any opinions ould be great!!

ok brought archie home on saturday (week and a day ago) put him in a pen in winnie's room, there was alot of sniffing and ignoring and laying next to each other goin on from the word go..... so i left tem for a few days to settle then on wednesday i took them to the kitchen, archie was very good and friendly, winnie went ove for a sniff every couple of minutes and then hopped away, again there was some ignornace and some cleaning themselves goin on and at one point they layd together, until archie started to hump winnie from every angle lol, i pulled him off when he humped her face otherwise i let him hump er for a little while and then pulled him aside, winnie took it really well she didn't nip or growl or anything, and when he tried a couple of times she did just run away but only ever a couple of feet away and then she would lay down again. they were getting on so well that i opened the hallway door to give them more room and so they could hop around easier as the kitchen is very slippy for them, this led to lots of chasing but no nipping, basically archie would try and mount and winnie would run, come back sniff his face wag her tail and run off, it ended up looking like some sort of game and they were both running and binky-ing etc, after four hours i put them back and got them out the next day, they went in the garden and had a wail of a time however winnie kept running away everytime he tried to mount, they ended up spending all day together in all parts of the house he even went in winnie's pen and she showed no signs of annoyance.
so next day i took the pen down and they are now in the room together but the same thing keeps happening, she is running away all the time and he is tryin to mount at every opportunity, she will go and lay next to him but as soon as he starts near her bum she's off, if i cuddle him she runs over and puts her head under his and i smooth both of them but within seconds he's tryin to mount and she is off again lol they are eating from the same bowl and both are binkying and running around and flopping over so they seem happy its just the closeness issue of she will go over but runs when he tries to mount, they have both been seen too so i am wondering if he is just very frisky lol but i'm also wondering if he we ever stop and if she will ever stop running away??? any opinions would be much appreciated!!!!

again i know its an essay but i really would lke to know if you think there will ever come a day when i will see them laying next to each other!!???

:wave: It's all looking good! The humping and chasing is normal and some buns take a bit longer, but it will settle down.:) .When was he neutered?

Hi nina:wave:

its looking great as I was saying this happened to choci and lily. there still not close, but are happyly living together. just give them time, he'll stop humping soon.

It can take 6-8 weeks for his hormones to settle after being done, so hopefully things will settle pretty soon.

Back