PDA

View Full Version : Baby bun head sway

mullethead
25-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I rescued 2 babies yesterday and there eating drinking and runing around like lunatics but on one of them when she is resting her head sways from side 2 side,dont know if its cos she wants too flop and rest her head as to sleep or not but i am scared of head tilt,any help:D

mullethead
25-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Anyone:( please

Jack's-Jane
25-11-2007, 01:51 PM
Is she a Red Eyed White ?

Janex

LuceMarbles
25-11-2007, 02:06 PM
When you say side to side to you mean from left to right or just turning to one side only? Also when head is straight do the eyes go from side to side?
My bunnies had a couple of episodes of what I call wryneck, is this what you are calling head tilt I wonder?
Treatment is relatively inexpensive just labour intensive but they will recover quickly if caught early enough and supported with Critical Care for rabbits.

AlisonA
25-11-2007, 02:37 PM
Is it a bit like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pG5NVZgknI That bun is doing it quite quickly though, often it's a lot slower than that.

If so, it probably means that the bun has poor eyesight (more common in red eyed whites, hence Jane's question) and is swaying its head to try and find something to 'focus' on.

mullethead
25-11-2007, 03:15 PM
Is she a Red Eyed White ?

Janex

Yes do you know what it could be

mullethead
25-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Is it a bit like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pG5NVZgknI That bun is doing it quite quickly though, often it's a lot slower than that.

If so, it probably means that the bun has poor eyesight (more common in red eyed whites, hence Jane's question) and is swaying its head to try and find something to 'focus' on.

It is as though she is focusing

Sooz
25-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Its called Scanning. REWs are notoriously poor sighted and it helps them to focus on objects.

Nothing to worry about.

Jack's-Jane
25-11-2007, 03:24 PM
Loads of my REWs do it. If I look at Little Bill face to face I feel sea-sick !! :lol:

Janex

mullethead
25-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks i was worried about head tily but feel better now i was ready too take her too the vets:lol:

Gem
25-11-2007, 04:18 PM
It is as though she is focusing

Edited wrong thread :oops:

mullethead
25-11-2007, 07:23 PM

It is the exact same as that but as you said a lot slower, thankyou

sally1974
25-11-2007, 07:29 PM
my REW Billy does this too, I remember when I first got him I worried as well until someone put me straight.:D :D
Sallyx

mullethead
25-11-2007, 07:40 PM
my REW Billy does this too, I remember when I first got him I worried as well until someone put me straight.:D :D
Sallyx

does it affect them as in spring she will be in a 3 level playhouse hopefully,rick