• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our Gumtree baby - Some new photos

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Some may have seen my thread about a certain ad on Gumtree, where someone advertised a 7-week old baby bunny with hutch. I contacted the owner and she turned out to be very nice. It seems like the pet shop gave her some bad advice and she underestimated the work involved with a rabbit. The usual story, bought the bunny for her 6-year old daughter and the daughter got bored with it after less than a month. :( According to the pet shop, the bunny was 5 weeks old when she bought it. :shock: :roll:
Anyway, she has a human baby to look after and no time to give the poor bunny enough attention. The hutch is too small, of course, but I managed to convince her to give me the bunny without the hutch, and for free. I said I'd come and pick up the bunny this weekend. Alistair wasn't feeling well today and I don't drive, so Mit kindly offered to pick up the bunny and bring it to our house. Thanks again for your help, Mit. :D
The bunny is very small, not sure if is a miniature breed, but it can't be much older than 8 weeks now. I had a look, and I think the pet shop guessed correctly that it is a boy. He looks healthy and is very friendly and inquisitive. As soon as I open the door of the crate, he's out and about. Luckily he got Junior Excel as food, and not some rubbish mix, and he seems to prefer hay over the pellets.

OK, enough talk, here are some photos from tonight. My boyfriend wants to name him Cloud, not sure if that suits him. He's grey and fluffy, but also very active and cheeky.

gtbaby5.jpg

gtbaby4.jpg

gtbaby3.jpg

gtbaby1.jpg

Last edited:
Awww what a sweetie - did you find out what pet shop it was, probably worth reporting them to the Council for selling underage animals. Certainly wouldn't hurt anyway!

Im so glad you got this bunny, been worried about him and the preg one. Well I think cloud is a nice name! Well done to Mit for helping you out x x

Awww what a sweetie - did you find out what pet shop it was, probably worth reporting them to the Council for selling underage animals. Certainly wouldn't hurt anyway!

Mit said she mentioned the name of the pet shop to him, it was a local shop, not a big chain. He said she wants to scan the papers she got for the bunny and send them to me. She forgot to bring them today. Is there a law that says you can only sell them from 8-weeks onwards, or is that a recommendation only?

i may be wrong but i think they can sell them from 6 weeks. even tho we all kno they shud still be with mum then :(

Awww are you keeping him?

I don't know, yet. My boyfriend has got very attached already. :rolleyes: I was hoping to adopt one of Tinkerbell's Mum's baby boys for my Sunnie. I have not met them yet, but they will come to ARC during the next few weeks. Sunnie needs to get through her spay first, then I can bond her with a boy.
Not sure if this boy has enough winter fur to be kept outside. He'd make a lovely house bunny for someone with indoor bunnies. I can't keep bunnies in the house permanently.
He just licked my boyfriend's nose. :lol:

arh hes lovely.hell have stay now hes groomed you.love at first sight.:lol: he looks like a dwarf lop.lovely colour too.xxx

As soon as i hoped the box cloud was in, he just took my breath away!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I Wanted To Take Him Home!! Stunner!!

I spoke to the lady quite a few time that day on the phone and in person. She seamed a VERY Nice lady, but VERY Misled. Which was not nice of the Pet Store (which i quized her about, got the details, will be wrighting to them). Just out to get people money!!

Not Caring What Would Happen To The Rabbit!!!

:evil: :evil: :censored: :censored: :evil: :evil:

At least he is now in Very Good hands. Yay!!

m
xx

Last edited:
Back