• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

To keep bunsters exrtra warm try this.......

Hi,
To keep buns extra warm this cold weather try this.........................Put a thick layer of newspaper on bottom of hutch, then a thick layer of hay completely covering it, then another thick layer of newspaper then the usual thick layer of hay and it really does make a difference. I tried this on just one of my foster buns hutches and the next morning when I opened them up the I put my hands in each cage and the warmth from the hutch with the extrta layers was amazing, so now my foster bunsters are extra warm and cosy
Carol

Good plan:D Perhaps I should try putting some newspaper in my hutches. I have the problem that if I put hay in the cage and the hayrack, the "bed"-hay is gone hours later:roll:

Ohhh good idea :D

I always put lots of straw in the 'bedroom' area with lots of hay on top, so if they do eat it all there's still straw there to keep them nice and warm :D

It's a good idea to layer the bedding, helps trap the warm air and everything :)

Though I have the same problem with Rowan as Holidayhutch has with Muffin. She likes to rip it all up.. doesn't matter how many layers are on top of it, but she does seem to have alot of fun doing it! :lol:

Flopsy would just kick all the hay out of the way - shred the newspaper and then lay on the hutch floor :shock: - only thing he will abide is carpet with 2 old towels and a cat snuggle bed in his bedroom and of course his pet piggy.

I can't complain cos he is litter trained and is so easy to look after:D

He is a very house proud bun and very tidy.

Flopsy would just kick all the hay out of the way - shred the newspaper and then lay on the hutch floor :shock: - only thing he will abide is carpet with 2 old towels and a cat snuggle bed in his bedroom and of course his pet piggy.

I can't complain cos he is litter trained and is so easy to look after:D

He is a very house proud bun and very tidy.

mine are like that too :roll: silly bunnies - they don't know when they're well off :?

Must admit he is a breeze to clean out - sweep the carpet on both floors and clean out litter tray - he has two but only uses one of these for his wee and poos!:lol:

Back