• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why do people have pets..U/D

holidayhutch

Warren Veteran
If they cant blimming look after them:censored: ?
I cant say too much, but we are home visiting someones pets for the next few days. We went Friday night, no problems, didn't need feeding as owner had fed before they left that afternoon. This morning we go along and I accidentally knocked over the bag of dog food, behind it was a bag of Tesco value rabbit food.:evil: I thought "Odd" no one mentioned a rabbit when they booked us. As I went round the back of the shed to put the dog poo in the bin, there was the tattiest, filthist rabbit hutch I have ever seen. Inside it one lonely, cold, hungry and incredibly thin dwarf lop rabbit with the longest claws imaginable. No food, no bedding, just a bare hutch and the water bottle was so green I dread to think when it was last cleaned or changed.:evil:

I went home, got a load of bedding and hay, some decent food, new bottle and nail clippers.

We will obviously look after it now we know it's there till the owners get back and will be having strong words with them, but I just cant beleive people will go away like this and not bother about their pets. They aren't due back until the middle of the week, so this poor wee bun would have gone 6 days with nothing had we not spotted it. :censored:

Last edited:
Oh my god :cry: Think bunny would have been coming home with me & 'died' whilst they were away :cry: :cry: :cry: Xx

Can only ditto that.

I wouldn't have left it there not a chance.

Obviously I know you can only do what you can though, good luck, bet he/she thinks its heaven having some warmth :thumb:

Its been so cold this past week, god knows how its survived :cry:

Last edited:
:( :( :( Poor, poor little guy. Agree with what BeckixX has said and would have to take him home and make up a reason ot th eowners for his disappearence. If you feel you cannot do that could you perhaps ask the owners if they would consider letting you have him ?
Taz

I have only left it there for now as I know they are away and we are going several times a day to check on the other pets. The hutch although not ideal is at least now clean and warmer for it for the time being. We will go once they return and have words. It is amazing how the other pets are so well looked after but this poor little bun is totally forgotten. I am wondering at the moment if it is purely ignorance on not knowing what it needs etc, so will guage the situation further once i talk to them on their return. The slightest concern after talking to them and I will take the necessary action.

I have only left it there for now as I know they are away and we are going several times a day to check on the other pets. The hutch although not ideal is at least now clean and warmer for it for the time being. We will go once they return and have words. It is amazing how the other pets are so well looked after but this poor little bun is totally forgotten. I am wondering at the moment if it is purely ignorance on not knowing what it needs etc, so will guage the situation further once i talk to them on their return. The slightest concern after talking to them and I will take the necessary action.

Surely even the basic idiot knows that you cant leave an animal for a week to fend for itself?!!! :shock:

Oh my god that is AWFUL! I can't describe how I'm feeling... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :censored: :censored: Certainly brought tears to my eyes. HOW can people treat a rabbit like that?! I mean even if they were just ignorant to rabbit care SURELY common sense should tell you it shouldn't be stuck in a fking empty box 24/7 with no fking food!!!!!!! :censored: :censored:

Poor poor bunny, wish I could go and get him :cry: :cry:

Sad thing is by the sound of it, bunny could have been dead for some time already and they may not have noticed :cry:

Good thing you found it - hope you manage to get a good resolution for the bunny from this.

Me to, bunny died or open door and plead ignorance " what rabbit? hutch door was open when we came, presumed rabbit had passed on being we werent booked to feed rabbit". If there not looking after him/her now then there not going to when they come back. Hate to think what will/could happen to the poor thing when there back and your not feeding there pets anymore :(

Me to, bunny died or open door and plead ignorance " what rabbit? hutch door was open when we came, presumed rabbit had passed on being we werent booked to feed rabbit". If there not looking after him/her now then there not going to when they come back. Hate to think what will/could happen to the poor thing when there back and your not feeding there pets anymore :(

This idea sounds best as you wont have to describe what happend to the body :?

Sounds to me like they were hoping you wouldn't find it and that it would die whilst they were away. :censored:

Good luck in dealing with it all, you are being very brave ;)

I am wondering at the moment if it is purely ignorance on not knowing what it needs etc, so will guage the situation further once i talk to them on their return. The slightest concern after talking to them and I will take the necessary action.

Personally I can't see what there is to gauge :? Perhaps they forgot to mention the rabbit to you but if that were the case why was it already filthy and it's water green? :evil: By leaving it there I think it is obvious what fate it is being left to and although the actions suggested could be argued are not right I am in complete support and agreement with Tinkerbell's Mum.

id be taking this rabit home with me n id tell them that the door was open.if you tell them it died whilst away they might want see the body.poor little bun.x:cry:

that's appalling :evil: RSPCA call it 'abandonement' - that poor poor bunny :cry: you can't steal it though, and RSPCA would do nothing now it's well cared for (by you!) sooooooooo.......what to do? :? If they agree to let you have the rabbit when they get back, do be sure and take the hutch too, or they'll just fill it with a cute baby bunny :roll:

PS: be nice to them until you have the rabbit safely in your car, or you'll find they'd rather let it suffer and die than let you have it - I know their type :?

Back