• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What age can a doe fall pg?

Tinkerbell's Mum

Warren Scout
It's just one thing after another :cry: :cry: :cry:
Today we saw one of the male babies doing mating actions on his sister.They were 8 weeks old wednesday.We checked him over and it seems that his testicle's may have dropped :shock: I now really really worried that Tinkerbell may be pg again.Were going to book her in asap for spay but dont no what to do about the little girl who we have called Sweet Pea.Is there a chance she could be pregnant? As i said before the babies turned 8 weeks old wednesday.

It's unlikely that an 8 week old Doe could conceive

Please, please *seperate* the Buck from his Mum/Sisters

Janex

Can you bring the boys to ARC tomorrow? Better separate them now, just in case.

It's one Tinkerbell's boys hun, not the boys that are hopefully going to ARC( they are 8 weeks 2day and showing no sign's of mating or boys bits as yet).They have a home, i'm just waiting to hear from her whether or not she can take them 2moro.If not i will be keeping them in the dog crate inside until she can :)

It's one Tinkerbell's boys hun, not the boys that are hopefully going to ARC( they are 8 weeks 2day and showing no sign's of mating or boys bits as yet).They have a home, i'm just waiting to hear from her whether or not she can take them 2moro.If not i will be keeping them in the dog crate inside until she can :)

Oh, ok, I keep mixing them up, sorry. Yes, if you have a dog crate, that's good. Keep them there until they are collected.

:cry: :cry: :cry: I'm really worried about both of them, Tinkerbell and Sweet Pea.I tried to do the best for them all, keeping them all together till they were 10 weeks old, give them the best possible start i could and it all goes wrong :cry: :cry:

I would honestly be really surprised if she was pregnant at 8weeks :? I would have thought three months is more likely an age for a doe to become fertile. 8 weeks is also incredibly early for a buck to develop testicles; plus 8 weeks is the recommended age for leaving kits with their mother til. I've just had a girl bun arrive with her brothers and they're all 5.5 months old. She might be pregnant but she definately hasn't had any yet so I think you'll be ok.

I would honestly be really surprised if she was pregnant at 8weeks :? I would have thought three months is more likely an age for a doe to become fertile. 8 weeks is also incredibly early for a buck to develop testicles; plus 8 weeks is the recommended age for leaving kits with their mother til. I've just had a girl bun arrive with her brothers and they're all 5.5 months old. She might be pregnant but she definately hasn't had any yet so I think you'll be ok.

Do you think so? I really hope so.Should i still seek vetinery advice about the mum with regards to possible emergency spey?

i think its quite rare that the boy OR the girl are fertile. the boys bits would have had 2 have dropped, and and like everyones saying its usually alot longer for girls 2 develop. i would be very very suprised if she is. VERY!

xxxxxx

Back