• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pebbles is getting porky!

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
lol okay so....pebbles has ballooned up! she has a tiny head and little podge of a body. dominos looking a bit porkier aswell! they have access to a run from 7 am til dark. the run is a square, it isnt massive but they also get let out in the main garden and in my huge conservatory when im in aswell. I have put their food in treatballs etc, lowered pellets and given more hay and veg instead but she is just a porker!!!

my mum is convinced its the pellts cus she start getting fat when i switched them over, but that cant be the case bcus the pleets r far more healthier than a mix.

but i just noticed how much her colour has changed aswell!used 2 be so light and now she has lots of dark spots...awwww bless :):)

pebbles in august:

DSCF0864.jpg

DSCF0847.jpg

and today
Picture035-1.jpg

Picture037-1.jpg

Loppy's getting bigger too! Must be something in the air.

The vet pointed it out last time she got her jab, he grabbed the rolls of fat on her sides and started streaching, folding and wobbling her!

hehe so it happens to loved up animals too then :lol: :lol: :lol:

she looks loads better than she did in august :) must be the winter coat tho... im sure if Alvin didnt have loads of fur hes be a skeleten skinny little thing he is..... my preying for a big bun isnt working... :evil:

when we had 2 bath peanut once cuas we thougt he had mites, all his fur stuk 2 him and he looked skelatal!!! he looked soooo thin!! lol

she was a little underweight when i got her, but shes not the little girl she was!

It's difficult to tell from the pics but she doesn't look overweight to me from those pictures, she looks a good healthy weight. They can put on a bit of weight after spaying so it could be that. Ideally I'd weigh her on a weekly basis, bunny weight gain or loss often isn't noticed until it's been happening for a while, it is really useful for a vet to know 'normal' weight and any changes you have noticed. But she looks fine to me :D

Back