• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arthurs Behaviour

Kay

Mama Doe
Hi everyone, what am I doing wrong with Arthur. He was very sociable at first and still is with my partner but whenever I go to stroke his nose he spins round my hand trying to bite me. I know its silly but I feel abit hurt by it.

I have NEVER hurt him or man handled him, just given him strokes when he wants.

Do you think its his age, he must be 12 weeks old now? Or does he just not like me? It does happen mainly when I am leaning over him so perhaps he feels threatened but it also happens when I lay on the floor in our house and he comes over to me.

I feel like he is testing me?

x

is he Nutered? if not then hes getting a bit dominant, Nuterig can help to put the agressiveness at bay. a high pitched noise when he does this behaviour can help him think about what hes done and indicsate that your not happy. try and make sure you reward good behaviour tho as rewarding the bad behaviour only hightens the problem x

I would defo say age - Wobbles sometimes grunted and bit my arm (not hard) and the cats and Barney always ran round me spraying my legs - as soon as they were both neutered these behaviours stopped.

aw thank you, luckily his behaviour has calmed down, but I definately agree with you. He is going to be neutered in January so not long to go. Thank you for your replies I feel better now.

hugs
xx

Back