• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is three the magic number?

:wave: I introduced Reuby Doos AKA Reuben to an established pair of does, Meggie and Maisie. The bonding went really well and they remained very happy as a trio until I lost my beloved Meggie :cry:

oh I'm so sorry about Meggie. Glad that the trio worked for a time. I love Reuben he was at HB's when I was on my initial hunt for buns.

I think its best 2 have 3 or more as if you have a bereavment it wont be as hard for the other buns,rick

Thats one of the things I was thinking...not that I'm expecting either to pop off anytime soon as they are young but rabbits are sensitive to bereavement aren't they.

I had a 4some then teasel died and with topaz being her sis it would of been hard for her but she had bobby n sophie to comfort her thank god,rick

:D Its a very good point about bereavement. On a slight downside I have found that Nushka gets left out as D & G are more closely bonded and sleep under the bed together. Daisy also bullies her a bit. That said I wouldn't change it and am thinking of introducing a fourth to even things out..

oh I'm so sorry about Meggie. Glad that the trio worked for a time. I love Reuben he was at HB's when I was on my initial hunt for buns.

Thanks Isabel :D I have a group of four now and four couples :lol: When it gets warmer Im going to bond my indoor Dotty with Reubs and Maisie :D Good luck with your bonding hun :D

:D Its a very good point about bereavement. On a slight downside I have found that Nushka gets left out as D & G are more closely bonded and sleep under the bed together. Daisy also bullies her a bit. That said I wouldn't change it and am thinking of introducing a fourth to even things out..

thats what in after putting a 4th in

I find that with my trio too. There's always a bit of tension between the girls and Piglet's spent all morning biting Tufty's bum :roll: They do go and snuggle under their cardboard box though :D

I found it very easy but I had three laid back rabbits who all had submissive personalities.

I bonded 2 bucks with a doe but added one buck to the established pair.

i tried once with a rabbit my nan found but rosie got soo jealous she wouldnt accept another bunny with her bunny friend mowgli, but luckily in the end the other binnies owner was found
we now know that we couldnt have anymore then 2 with how rosie reacted she was very jealous she was allowed to interact witht his other rabbit but as soon as mo went to her rosie went mad:lol: :shock:

lisa

Back