• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We're New!

Grace and Louis

Warren Scout
Hi - I just found this forum whilst looking for a rabbit bonding service.

Im Alice, Im 27 and I live in Nottingham. I'm pretty new to rabbits although I am the proud owner of 2, Grace and Louis - hense the name.

Grace

HPIM0075.jpg

Louis

HPIM0426.jpg

I have had Grace since March 1st this year and Louis since July 14th. Grace is a big girl for a "dwarf" and she is very sweet, when she wants to be and very difficult and grumpy when she doesnt. She is a real character and she LOVES craisns. Louis is another mixed breed but he is about half the size of Grace. He is very laid back at the same time as being very active. He loves any and all food and will eat till he popped, if he could. He has all the sense of a daffodil but knows how to use his cuteness to his advantage. He isnt is just starting to learn how to be more assertive.

I LOVE That piccy of Louis! He does look very much like one who uses his cuteness to get what he wants. Bless him. They are both beautiful bunnies and I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you with bonding ^_^

What gorgeous looking bunnies :D

Welcome to the Forum! What problems are you having with bonding?

What gorgeous looking bunnies :D

Welcome to the Forum! What problems are you having with bonding?

I think my main problem is that I just dont know what I am doing. Louis seems to be picking the fights with Grace when they come out and when they have had a spat they wont stop unless they are seperated. They live in seperate cages next to each other and they dont seem to object to each other there, in fact I saw them sniffing each other last night.

When they come out I bring them into a hall they dont normally get to go in and the first time they went about 30-40 minutes without scrapping. I took them in tonight and they lasted about 5! - They ignore each other and then they end up litterally eye ball to eye ball and stay like that for a while, then usually Grace will try to bounce away and then the fight starts! - Louis is half Graces size but she seems to loose the most fur and I think she is more just trying to get him off her than attack him.

They are both neutered, Louis was done about 10 weeks ago and Grace was done in about May I think.

Hello and welcome! :wave: I'm afraid I'm not much good at bonding but I'm sure there'll be lots of helpful advice on here. :) Your bunnies are both gorgeous!

AMETHYST

When they fight do they roll around kicking each other or is it humping and chasing?

If they are both staring, they may each be waiting for the other to start grooming. In which case try stroking the one that usually end up on top. It can trick them into making friends ;)

I had my bunny, Storm, neutered in September. It took over 6 weeks before he stopped displaying 'male' behaviours such as spraying so be prepared to wait several weeks.
Here's one of those photos that make him look like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth
DSC00172.jpg

Hello lovely Nottingham lady. There are a few of us lurking around! Whereabouts are you?

Are you bonding them on neutral territory?

Hello lovely Nottingham lady. There are a few of us lurking around! Whereabouts are you?

Are you bonding them on neutral territory?

oo yay another Nottingham person; I was starting to think I was the only person insane enough to have rabbits in Nottingham LOL. I am close to the city centre, near the arboretum up where the high school is.

I am trying to bond them in this little shared hall that "belongs" to me and my best friend and neighbour. They dont get to go in there at any other time other than to attempt to bond them and to put them in the pet stroller to take them to the vets.

Thanks for the bonding advice Tasmin; When they fight they roll around kicking each other. I will try the stroking thing but I dont know whether to try and give them another go tonight or leave it a few days because of yesterday.

Thank you everyone else for the very warm welcome and the compliments about my bunnies.

They live in seperate cages that are right next to each other. They have their seperate bouncing time and then when I try to bond them I put Grace into the hall and then bring Louis in there with her. When they start scraping I give them another chance to behave and then if they scrap again I seperate them again; usually one goes into their cage while the other has their bouncing time.

Hiya! I'm in Nottingham too :wave:
I'll happily help out with bonding - send me a personal message if you like... :D
Louis is so gorgeous - I love his colours :love:

Hello again. Re Cottonmather's offer! Accept it...look at all those bunnies she has most of them live together she's an expert bonder :lol:

I'm in West Bridgford but I work in town...thats a lovely area you live in...was it you that pinched all them parrots? :lol:

Ooo it sounds like cups of coffee in something like starbucks may be in order!! YAY!! - I dont know ANY bunny people and all my friends think I am insane

PARROTS???? I have 3 cats, 2 rabbits and a hamster in a one bedroomed flat (not as bad as it sounds) but I have no where to put the vacuum cleaner let alone a parrot LOL

Last edited:
:wave: Hello Grace, Just thought I would say Hi to a fellow Nottingham resident, technically though I am only half Nottingham.... and half Derby (but keep that half quiet!) - we live in Sandiacre, 1 min away from J25 of he M1.

Sorry cant help with the bonding as our girls were from the same litter so we didnt have to go through that. Good luck and you should get lots of good advice from RU members.

Hello and welcome to RU :wave:

I have no experience with bonding but from so much that I have read on here I've learnt a few things.

The main one that I think applies in your case, is that once they are together they should not be separated again unless there is a particularly serious fight. I hear that fur pulling, humping and nipping are all normal bonding behaviors and they are deciding who is going to be the dominant bun. If you separate them in to different cages they will need to decide the hierarchy all over again next time they meet.

This means that you will need a few days free to do a bond ;)

But don't take my word for it, I've never done it! :lol:

Hope you have some success with them and they fall very much in love :love:

Back