• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help!!!!

p_prod_uk

Mama Doe
hi everyone. i went out to feed dude and he's normally timid and runs away, but tonight he lay where he was. that alerted me so i picked him up and he's inside now in the kitchen. he's just flaked out on the floor and when i tried to lift him to his feet to move him a bit, his head lowered and he just flopped. he\s not eaten a single pellet that i put out for him today, unsure about hay and his tummy is making gurgley kind of noises - similar to when humans have diarrohea.

Please can anyone help - i'm not sure what to do.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Don't panic. ^-^
My Barney-bunny has scared me a few times with this sort of thing - usually when he's moulting heavily. I know your bunny wants to flop, but if possible keep making him run around. The movement will be good for him and get his digestive system moving. A bowl of water often seems welcome to my bun. Favourite treats are good to have on hand, also. I don't suppose you have any infacol in the house?

hi everyone. i went out to feed dude and he's normally timid and runs away, but tonight he lay where he was. that alerted me so i picked him up and he's inside now in the kitchen. he's just flaked out on the floor and when i tried to lift him to his feet to move him a bit, his head lowered and he just flopped. he\s not eaten a single pellet that i put out for him today, unsure about hay and his tummy is making gurgley kind of noises - similar to when humans have diarrohea.

Please can anyone help - i'm not sure what to do.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I think you should call the Vet *now* Your usual Vet will have an 'out-of-hours' cover.
It really is important to get your Bun Veterinary attention
Please keep as posted and I hope he will soon be better

Janex

I agree with Jane i really would try to get to the vets tonight.
Hope all is well.Sending vibes.

I agree with getting him to the vets ASAP.

In the meantime keep him warm and try to get him move a bit if possible.

Lots of vibes

FC

Just thought, have you got any recovery formula or his favourite foods? He may be tempted by them.

Lots of vibes

FC

PS- Sorry for the double post mods!

Last edited:
id deffo say vet..... alvin was wrong last week and even the vet told us theres no messing when buns get poorly... we got him early so hes fine now... hate to think what could of happened had we delayed seeing a vet.. even if its piece of mind at the end of it all its worth every penny...

have called the vet who suggested feeding critical care, which we have done and he seems a little better, moving around a bit and a little bit more perky. his ears are warmer (were freezing deep inside) and vet thinks he just got too cold.
i'm going to keep a very close eye on him and if he's no better later on i will take him to vets - cost is not an issue.

thanks for everyone's replies, i've never had an ill bun before and Dude is usually so active!

thankyou x

have called the vet who suggested feeding critical care, which we have done and he seems a little better, moving around a bit and a little bit more perky. his ears are warmer (were freezing deep inside) and vet thinks he just got too cold.
i'm going to keep a very close eye on him and if he's no better later on i will take him to vets - cost is not an issue.

thanks for everyone's replies, i've never had an ill bun before and Dude is usually so active!

thankyou x

its so scary aint it...... long as your gettin food in, summat has to come out the other end.... good luck and ill be sending vibes for tonight xxxxx

Hope Dude has picked up for you.

Gurgling noises indicate the stomach is still moving but can also be a sign of trapped gas :?

hi guys. had dude at the vet at midnight. he had 3 injections; anti biotics (just in case he has picked something up when his immune system was low) anti-inflammatory and pain killer. he also had warm fluid injected under his skin on each side and 2 mg/ml (?) of probiotic paste which i need to give him 3 times daily.
he's now going to be an indoor bun to prevent this happening again - vet said it seemed he had simply got too cold. he had had a double duvet covering every inch of his run and plenty of hay and straw so just one of those things (unfortunately) i think.

taking him back tomorrow morning for a check up.

vet said it 50-50 whether he would pull thru but he's in the lounge where i've set up camp for the night, he's next to the radiator with slightly warm carrot juice drink to encourage him and veg and food. he's eaten some apple but nothing else. he is moving around a lot more tho and noises from stomach seemed to have settled down.

he's merrily digging at the newspaper at the moment and he also has a hot water bottle for warmth.

he's done a wee since we've come back from vets but no sign of any poos.

Please send lots and lots of poo vibes!!!

Fingers crossed for the little man.

Unfortuanately, i think this signals an end to my re-homing project after only two bunnies as i think this will set me back about £160 tonight and Roxy cost me £100 when she got too hot. One extreme to the other eh? :roll:

Thanks for all the messages, keep vibing guys!
:?

We can set up camp together then :roll:

Ive just given Casp his 4 hourly jabs and mixed him up two new feeds to try and get him to eat....typically the pellets soaked in honeyed water have been rejected for the watered down apple & pear baby food.

Im also waiting on poop.

Is it Fibreplex you've been given? Caspian has been on that for weeks, he used to take the end of the syringe to eat it but totally disinterested now :(

hi guys

we have POO!!!! :D :lol: :D

I was up till the early hours with my little man then every hour to check he was still with us.

he was ok during night and ate some veg and didn't seem in as much discomfort.
This morning he had done quite a few poos, eaten most of his faveourite food and all his veg! :D

took hm to the vets at 10.20 and it took me about ten mins to catch him - cetainly back to his normal fiesty self!! :roll:

the vet (same bloke i saw last night) said he had really improved and it was obv jsut the cold weather that had chilled him etc and caused everything. He said to keep on giving him the fibreplex 3 times a day and keep him warm etc.

am SO relieved he's made it, he's really turned a corner over night.

He's just chilling now in the lounge on a duvet near the radiator and whenever i go near he runs away...much much normal!!!

thanks for all replies and well-wishes x

Back