• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spayed rabbits putting on weight??

toffee

Mama Doe
Hello.

I took Michelle for her second vacc yesterday and I asked about her fat belly. My vet says there's nothing wrong, the weight is fat and said that sometimes female rabbits put on (fat)weight post neuter?

My vet is very experienced with rabbits so I'm sure he's right, but has anyone else got experience of this?

They are more prone to putting on weight but that dosn't mean they should put on weight....I tend to diet my speyed does every now and then if they are getting a bit chunky.

I have put Michelle on a diet (for the past 2 weeks). She still weighs the same but is developing a neck :D whereas before she was a football with a head!!:lol: :?

Kitten has put on a bit of weight since she was spayed but I'm pretty sure she's just grown a bit bigger generally as she isn't tubby! :rolleyes: Besides, you'd think I never fed my two the way they beg for food constantly!

Back