• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Greg went to the vets today.. for the last time

Lillian

Warren Veteran
18 months old and now he's dead. I was asleep and my parents took him to the vets then came back and woke me up to say he was pts :cry: :censored: I hate them right now, i never got to say goodbye :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :censored:

DSCF0010.jpg

evenmorenewpics001.jpg

evenmorenewpics003.jpg

mnnnpics010.jpg

NewPics007.jpg

Picture002-2.jpg

REST IN PEACE LITTLE GREG XXXXX

Oh I'm sorry. What was the matter with him?

You may not have got a chance to say goodbye but he knew that you loved him.

Hugs

FC xx

:cry: His teeth were really bad again, cutting his mouth up, he had two ops for it, after the first op he was ok for 2 months then he needed his teeth all cut back again, this time he didnt pick up, his mouth was so ulcerated, he could barely eat and his last op was only 6 weeks ago and our vet said they arent going to continue with the operations because he's so unhappy and in pain :cry: I still remember the first time i saw him, i fell in love straight away and refused to leave without him. He had a good life for awhile before the jaw and teeth problems started. Im gonna miss him so much, and i feel bad because my mum came into my room crying about greg then later on she asked if i wanted lunch then moaned at me for always being in a mood and i said if she stopped killing my animals then i wouldnt be in a mood :cry:

I'm sorry, they probably thought it would be easier for you that way and didn't mean to hurt you for doing it- my mum did the same thing with my cat, he was really poorly and she had him PTS before I could get there. She didn't want me to see him like that or make him hang on a bit longer for my benefit- it hurts but he didn't suffer any longer than necessary and I'm pretty sure he knew he was loved.

That's awful, I'm so sorry, he was truly beautiful :cry: :cry: :cry:

You must be feeling quite angry with your parents right now, but I agree with everyone, they probably thought it was best, but I do think it's unfair. Can I ask how old you are?

RIP Greg, binky free boy xxx

I am so sorry to hear this. No matter what your age they should have told you before. You had a right to know and even be there. So sorry :cry: :cry: :cry:

i am sorry you never got to say goodbye, but i am sure greg knew how much you loved him.

your parents probably thought they were protecting you from being there.

binky free greg:cry:

I was going to ask how old you were to...
Maybe they did think it was best , although I am not surprised you were angry at them. I would kill my mum if she ever did that.
Binky free Greg --x-- no more dental pain at rainbow bridge

I'm so sorry you lost your bunny. He was gorgeous. Don't be mad at your parents, they were probably doing what they thought was best. Maybe they thought it would be too hard for you to say goodbye. I know you're hurting but hurting other people wont make it better. Thinking of you.

He was a lovely bun and from the pics and his toys and lovely hutch he was very spoilt and had a great life with you.

Unfortunately there is no guide to being a parent and we all have to do what we think is best at the time. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.......

Keep your happy memories, that is the best way.

I always say goodbye to my pets before they go. They will always in my mind and they'll stay with me forever, but I don't regret saying goodbye.

RIP Greg

awwwww im so sorry :(

i think your parents were trying to protect you... when George was in his operation the vet phoned my mum with the bad news he thought we should let him go.. my poor mother had to tell the vet to wait while she phoned me to get my permission and that was possbily the worst phone conversation ive ever had at work and then she had to phone the vet back to say yup do it...... i think your parents were trying to ease that awful decision out of your hands....

binky free little greg xxxxxxxxxxx

Back