• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry sort of about litter training..

Vix

Alpha Buck
I'm currently redecorating my room where the housebunny normally lives so he has had to move into the "box" room in his crate and there is barely enough room to open the crate door :( Anyway in my room he is normally free range most of the time and i spend a LOT of time with him, he was perfectly litter trained.
Anyway since being in the box room he isn't getting as much company or exercise as you literally cant get in there and shut the door behind u kind of thing. It is also slightly colder in there as the crate is right up against the radiator so i can't have it turned on for obvious reason. The problem now is that he has started weeing and pooing all over his vetbed and im wondering if this is a sign that he's really not a happy bunny :cry: and also whether he will go back to normal when he is back in the normal room with me and able to come and go from his crate as he pleases ???

I'm currently redecorating my room where the housebunny normally lives so he has had to move into the "box" room in his crate and there is barely enough room to open the crate door :( Anyway in my room he is normally free range most of the time and i spend a LOT of time with him, he was perfectly litter trained.
Anyway since being in the box room he isn't getting as much company or exercise as you literally cant get in there and shut the door behind u kind of thing. It is also slightly colder in there as the crate is right up against the radiator so i can't have it turned on for obvious reason. The problem now is that he has started weeing and pooing all over his vetbed and im wondering if this is a sign that he's really not a happy bunny :cry: and also whether he will go back to normal when he is back in the normal room with me and able to come and go from his crate as he pleases ???

It's because he's in new surroundings - he's obviously claimed your room as his own already - he's just doing the same with this room :)

It might take a while of picking up poops once he's back in the other room but I'm sure he'll go back to going in his tray soon enough!

Back