• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can u help?

kimmeh_121

New Kit
Ok so my friend (Emma)
has 2 bunnies, they have been togeather for atleast all there lives now witch is a pritty long time.

BUT...her female rabbit has somehow become pregnant.....:shock:
she didnt actually know that he was a male rabbit as he has never tried humping her or any of that sort...its odd as they have been togeather all there lives:? ...

But what she wanted to know was, can they stay in the same cage when she gives birth??
I advised her not to but i just wanted to make sure..

I also read that pregnant rabbits become argressive towards males especialy the one they have mated with....

But she hasnt done so...but she does tell him off when she wants to be on her own....but nothing extreme!

How does she know the female is pregnant? Is she making a nest? She should split the male and female right away.

How old are the rabbits and how long have they been living together?

The male should be very obviously male....if you check his bum he should have clear testicals if he is old enough to copulate.

No she isnt making a nest...first we took her to someone who is an experianced rabbit breeder and has a bit of knowlege about them...and she said she is...but just to be on safe side we took her to the vet afterwards and they said the same thing....reasons why she doesnt know how to seperate them is because they have been together all there lives and also she hasnt got anywere to put her male *thumps*....i said i would take him on but she is worried that he might get my girls pregnant!:shock: witch cant be possible because the girls and peanut butter are upstairs and only roam around the upstairs..were as he would be downstairs so there wouldnt be anyway of them getting at each other...

i feel sorry for her because she hasnt got alot of knowlege about rabbits so at the moment she is really worried incase he stresses out after being seperated from his *girl friend* wich is understandable....but i have told her the risks...

But i think ill offer to take on neyla *the pregnant bun*....would that be a good idea??

How old are the rabbits and how long have they been living together?

The male should be very obviously male....if you check his bum he should have clear testicals if he is old enough to copulate.

there both about a year old have been together apparenly all there lives.....:S...i didnt think to check but i have only known my friend for a few months so i didnt really think nothing of it...i even let my girls play with thumps and neyla...so god knows what i have to expect!...but i have had a pregnant bun befor so i know what to do...

but i am really thinking of taking on neyla for her because she doesnt have a clue what to do...she treats her buns like her kids but she hasnt got any knowlege about them...i have tried advising her a few things such as giving them plenty of hay...but they hardly have it....

she is a really good mummy to them but she takes it to limits where they could get ill...

i do feel sorry for her...

Did the vet say how far gone she was? I am guessing a couple of weeks if they could feel kits by palpating the abdomen.

They need to be split now, if she gives birth and he is there the chances are they will fight and either he or she will canniblise the young.

Did the vet say how far gone she was? I am guessing a couple of weeks if they could feel kits by palpating the abdomen.

They need to be split now, if she gives birth and he is there the chances are they will fight and either he or she will canniblise the young.

yeh a few weeks..the latest i can get her is tommorrow they should be okay till then right?

Does usually kindle on day 31......

She needs to be settled before then with lots of bedding and a nest box.

Noving her does have the potential of stressing her out.....it could mean she rejects the babies...

I'm not sure you should take on another bun Kim, especially after getting rid of one of yours back in Feb :?

What will you do with the babies? and will you spay Neyla once she given birth? If i remember rightly you couldnt afford to have one of your buns spayed a while ago?........

Mandy: My friend came to me thinking she was pregnant saying, that her stomach was bigger and her nipples were also alot bigger i only sujested getting another opinion on it.

Miloe's Mum: Yes i know but i have a job and my own place now, I did get hunny spayed and Jelly will soon be spayed.

:? :? :? I don,t get it.

no me neither - 4 days ago you couldn't afford to spay them, and now one of them is spayed? And in the other thread your 2 females were hunny and butter, and now they're hunny and jelly? And if peanut butter's not neutered....

Back