• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where have I gone wrong?

Apache

Mama Doe
Alfred became a house rabbit well over a year ago, and enjoys snoozing in front the fire in the evenings..

Last week when it got really cold, he woke me up (he sleeps in the kitchen which in underneath my bedroom) having a thumping back feet tantrum, I went downstairs, and he felt really cold. (at the time I still had the heating on auto so it went off at 10, and came back on at 6:30am). So put the heating on for an hour, and went back to bed.

The next day I put the heating onto 24 hours a day, and left it on low, (knowing rabbits aren't good with heat - despite him liking lying by the fire!) then the same thing happened again... So I turned it up slightly..

Since then he is has been happy as larry! And no more tantrums at 3am!

I keep telling him, he would be far colder if he had to live outside!

Spoilt beastie, seems to have adapted quite well to being a house rabbit!

And before anyone asks, he has a lovely thick bed to lie on with lots of hay to snuggle into, and a large cushion on the floor of his pen, so he doesn't have to sleep on cold kitchen tiles!

He did have a cardboard box, but seems to like fighting with that as oppose to sleeping in it..

Ax

You are a naughty bunny mummy how dare you turn the heating off:shock: :lol: :lol: I love bunny tantrums, mine 2 have them when life does not go there way

So is it time to confess that I've started leaving my heating on longer for my house bunnies? They looked so cold huddled up :rolleyes:

:lol: phew...finally..i am not alone:lol:

Bertie bless him is the worst of the bunch! he sits up against the radiator and chucks stuff around or comes looking for me to tell me hes cold and to turn the heating up!
when we went to pick up willow as a baby..he nd bif came with to pick the bunny...and it was freezing..bertie got bored and climbed back into the stroller cabin and pulled the blanket up and around himself:oops:
jo found this highly amusing as his shed etc was next door with his fre access to her huge garden!..mmm thinks he may have got spoilt what do you think?:lol:

who needs thick rugs when salem is wiling to cudle his "mummy" and "daddy" to kep them warm...fine except salems a black cat with a white spot on his chest and a toe on each foot..he thinks he has floppy ears too and a pom pom tail..poor deluded creature!!:lol:

Are you sure it's not the noise? Our radiators clonk a bit when the heating comes on which could upset a bunny ;)

My bunnies are snuggled up to the radiator in their room when I get up and let them out in a morning too. I was wondering whether they are getting cold in the night and I should turn up the heating, but they've got such nice thick coats.

Back