• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Syringing

Indiechic

Wise Old Thumper
I had to give the girls metacam, and will have to again... lilly wouldn't go near it, she had to eat it on kale...
whats the best way to do it?
xxx

If you can get someone to hold and the other one syringe into the side of the mouth thats what i found was easier with the panacur syringe:D

Charlie just takes it bless him but stroppy Poppy needs holding, I usually put her between my knee's burrito her and prop her front up slightly of mix it with a bit of grated apple and make sure she doesn't leave a drop

Do you want some different ones sending over- I might have a couple still in their wrappers, how many mls?

its ok, hopefully they won't have to take it after tomorrow, but if they do, then yes that would be fab. they only have to be for 4 and 5 drops so not much!!
thanks huni ill pm you xxx

I've got a nice slimline 1ml syringe still in its wrapper- just let me know and I'll pop it in the post if you need it :D

The problem with metacam is that the bottle is designed to fit directly onto the top of the syringe for dispense....it wont do that with a 1ml syringe.

Metacam should be given with food so I dont think its really an issue to give it on kale is it?

Back