• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Almost 8 hours.U/D Day 3

Glingle

Warren Veteran
Trying to bond my bunnies and I'm shattered! We moved a run into my bedroom and took Flop (male lionhead cross) and Bramble (Female Nethie) for a walk in round the block in the carrier before putting them in the run. Bramble who is normally THE most placid bun I've ever met has turned into a right stroppy madam! Poor Flop - she kept going for him. If I didn't know what the bunny body language for "I'm about to attack" was I do now! I'm going to have a big bruise on my hand where she tried to bite through two pairs of gardening gloves.:shock:
They had a trip to sit in the empty bath an hour ago and Flop gave in to Bramble shoving her head under his tummy and groomed her a bit. They're back in the run now - there's been no fur pulling since they went back in - just a bit of stomping (from Flop) and a bit of chasing (mainly from Bramble) and they're ignoring each other and eating hay now so I'm classing it as progress! This bonding process is hard work (not to mention a bit scary!).

Last edited:
My bit of advise is dont bother with gardening gloves, use a broom, you cannot get injured with it.

Sounds like you are doing well. just dont separate them now you have got this far, chasing, nipping, thumping is all very normal and is behaviour which should be ignored.

Well done, you're doing better than me :thumb: . Read my post about 3 boys bonding and failing in the care section :( . I'm keeping hands off as much as poss but it's very hard when they are fighting

My bit of advise is dont bother with gardening gloves, use a broom, you cannot get injured with it.

Sounds like you are doing well. just dont separate them now you have got this far, chasing, nipping, thumping is all very normal and is behaviour which should be ignored.

And humping:lol:

:shock: No humping so far! Flop has now taken to running away whenever Bramble approaches him, and has stopped thumping... *fingers crossed that's progress*
I keep trying to tell myself that I'm humanising their feelings too much when I feel that Flop is looking at me saying "What is this evil bunny you've put me with?", but it's sooo hard not to. Good luck for everyone bonding at the moment, and I'm sooo impressed with anyone who has the nerves to do it more than once!

Well done!!! I had a pretty easy bond with Dusty and Meggie but it was really scary all the same!!! I know what you mean when they look at you and you can imagine what they'd be saying, Dusty kept following Meggie to say hello and she was terrified! Thought about seperating them but glad I didn't!!! It is worth it when you (finally) see them snuggled up together!

Hmm Day 2
A few minor chases and fur pulling over night - then at about 6am they had an almighty chase of at least 5 circuits of the run resulting in Flop squishing himself head first into a corner. Bramble came ans sat next to him, then had a go at humping him, and then groomed him for a couple of minutes before settling down to eat hay next to him. After that she must have tried something that he diden't approve of as he thumped, then ran off.
So far today they've spent most of the time sat apart unless Bramble decides to charge over to Flop, which results in hhis thumping and running off to another corner. Occasionally Bramble will continue to chase him, but most times she'll just start eating the hay where he has been.
They haven't got anything in the run apart from two water bowls and a willow ball and willow sticks bundle, as yesterday Bramble was defending anything that she could sit on or in if Flop came near it. Should I introduce more stuff? Are they making progress? Any advice welcome! The piccy shows their current positions.
DSCF3561.jpg

Back