• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

eye abscess-flushing advice

bunny mad lisa

Mama Doe
Hi all
You may remember my bunny who had an abscess behind her eye. 7 weeks ago her eye was removed along with the abscess, all went very well. Sadly the abscess has returned. we did a culture which came back with no results! so she was given baytril which obviously did no good! she has had the eye drained and cleaned out today and another culture done. The vet has left a small hole for us to flush the eye. I have to do it every day for a week and then take her back for a check up. I have been advised how to do the flushing but I am terrified!! any advice would be appreciated. I'm worried it will hurt her and she will struggle. I am not good with wounds either and it makes me feel quite ill. I have my boyfrind to help who has said he will flush it whilst i hold her....he must love me:lol: i just pray the culture shows some results this time so we can get her some decent antibiotics. I feel so sorry for her and hate what she has had to go through, i don't want this to be too stressful for her, so any tips please....
wish me luck!

Back