• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Winter Blues

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
grr i hate winter!! this time last year i had just Peanut Butter and Jelly, and they lived in my conservatory so winter wasnt an issue. A year later and i have another 2 buns, and they re all outside.

When it was summer, i would sit in my rabbit garden (small section of the garden with a little wall around it, used to be 'my' garden when i was a child)
And let them out and read a book whilst lying on the grass etc and peanut especially would doa bunny flop next to me. he loved being in the sun etc.

Now the weather is so awful, i have to be careful about where i walk cus its os muddy, and when i go out to see them its raining, damp or very cold, and i jus cnt do it :(

they go out in their runs but i cnt spend time with them bcus the ground is so awful.
im worried im already losing our bonds bcus i dotn see them nowhere near as much

anyone else have this problem?

Its my first winter with outdoor buns too, and have to admit - it aint nice!! I go out there and sit with them though, wrap up warm & you'll be fine :D Xx

i was thinking that, cause mady and moses don't have half the time they used to spend outside as its either raining, just rained or freezing and as house buns hubby said they might get really cold as they're not used to it. i feel bad they have to spend more time in their cage than in the summer. i let them out in the living room everyday but they miss going in the garden. i put them out there this morning and the grass was a bit wet and i don't think they enjoyed it !

well thats just it, domino and pebbles run was on conrete but it was so wet and horrid they just stayed inside. i just miss being able to enjoy being with them, like laying otuside when its nice and hot and be out there 4 hours!

now its about half an hour!

I bring Flopsy in for a couple of hours sometimes (with heating off). Sometime I just wrap up well and let him outside with me for an hour or so. He has his run all day but I still like my time with him and he likes his bolt around the garden at least once a day.

Last night I even went out in the rain and because he wouldn't go into his carrier to come in I got my winter woollies on and followed him around the garden with my brolly over him so he didn't get wet.:oops: I must have looked an absolute wally and hope none of the neighbours seen me or they will have me sectioned!!:lol:

Back