• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

that can't be right!

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:? Blue went for his appoinmtn today, it was only a check up wich we usually get for free, but today they charged us £15! we were in the for literally 3 minutes and all she said is he looks alot livelier, he should be okay.

If it's following treatment then it should be free, if you just took him along for a regular check up then I'd say £15 is about right.

Will the £15 not be for the consultation? Our vets used to not charge for a condition that needed several appointments, but now its £20 every time you see a vet, then treatment on top...even when Rhia was speyed X

If it's following treatment then it should be free, if you just took him along for a regular check up then I'd say £15 is about right.

Our following treatment isnt free anymore...Dont know if its something thats happening round here? :?

with Alvin last week, the 1st consultation cost about £35 and the follow up one the next day cost £18.... i didnt even consider itd be free of charge and i was just happy it was a reduced rate... :lol: :lol:

with Alvin last week, the 1st consultation cost about £35 and the follow up one the next day cost £18.... i didnt even consider itd be free of charge and i was just happy it was a reduced rate... :lol: :lol:

Same here, I was like oooh look at this the follow up is cheaper than the first visit :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same here, I was like oooh look at this the follow up is cheaper than the first visit :lol: :lol: :lol:

lololol i was well chuffed... and the vet was sexy as hell :oops: :oops: :oops:
not that i noticed *coughs*

the follow ups to the de-maning operation were included in the operation price tho....

I suppose if vets only charged for the first appointment, they'd spend so much of their time on 'free' follow ups that they'd never make enough cash to keep the place open, let alone make anything extra, so things like drug or operation charges would have to go up to compensate - you're still paying for their time even if it is only 5 minutes. My vets charges something like £25 for the first appointment, £16 for a follow up and £12 for every subsequent visit - can't remember the exact figures but it's about that.

I suppose if vets only charged for the first appointment, they'd spend so much of their time on 'free' follow ups that they'd never make enough cash to keep the place open, let alone make anything extra, so things like drug or operation charges would have to go up to compensate - you're still paying for their time even if it is only 5 minutes. My vets charges something like £25 for the first appointment, £16 for a follow up and £12 for every subsequent visit - can't remember the exact figures but it's about that.

Hmm Thats a better idea :thumb:

sounds like what i was charged, thankfully Alvin only had to go back the once before they gave him the allclear....

lololol i was well chuffed... and the vet was sexy as hell :oops: :oops: :oops:
not that i noticed *coughs*

the follow ups to the de-maning operation were included in the operation price tho....

:lol: :lol: :lol: There is a really hot vet at our practice too but he is allergic to rabbits so we dont see him :roll: :lol:

Think mines £19 a visit, We had about seven visits in four days though a few weeks ago (Both girls!) then treatment/meds on top - Its wiped us out!! :shock:

how does it work when its a post op checkup? the girls were spayed and both have to go back tomorrow x

Yep post ops are free - I guess they factor the price into the operation price - partly easier because they know how many normal post-op checks are needed, and partly because it will prevent people from trying to do home removal of stitches!

mine don't need thiers removing as they are internal... its to see whether they can come off metacam and to check they ate ok...

xxx

Our following treatment isnt free anymore...Dont know if its something thats happening round here? :?

You could be right. Maybe it depends what it's for? :? Our after spays, like others have said, are free, I took Mopsey back to have her ear stiches out and that was free; I'm trying to remember when Effie had an abcess what they charged me for return visits - if they did charge it was at a very reduced rate cos I remember being surprised at how cheap it was - don't often get that kind of surprise at the vets!! :roll: :lol:

Back