• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit bit me! =[

Kenno

Warren Scout
I was taking his trap door out of his hutch and he turned and bit me. It wasn't hard and hasn't left a mark it was more like a warning. But I don't understand why he did it.

He was castrated over 2 weeks ago now which I was hoping would calm him down some what. He's never bit me before and it's really shocked me.

I was just wondering if anyone had any advice for me? As I fear if I leave it he'll get much worse and may end up hurting me badly.

:cry:

Aww, Dont worry. Most buns nip at some time or another. My Jen is lovely, but last night as I was stroking her at bedtime she must've nipped me 7 or 8 times - I took it as she wanted leaving alone to sleep in peace :lol: :lol:

It's just abit of a shock when your rabbit bites you. :(

So do you think it's just abit of a hormone rush, as it seems to be since his op that he's been abit agressive?

It's just abit of a shock when your rabbit bites you. :(

So do you think it's just abit of a hormone rush, as it seems to be since his op that he's been abit agressive?

As Chloe said, he should be settled about 6 weeks after being neutered :) He wouldnt have meant anything by it, it sounds like a nip rather than a bite...you'd really know about it if you'd been bitten!! :shock: Jen was a bit messed up when I got her & her bites were so painful, would litrally bleed for hours and still scarred now :roll: Xx

He may also be being a bit territorial over "his" space. Thats quite normal. I cant touch or pick up one my rabbits in certain places that he considers "his". :roll:

Arnie done the same to me once, wasn't hard but just a shock as he is the soppiest rabbit ever.

The O/H said I over reacted and it was my fault for tickling the opposite side of his belly to what side I was on and whilst he was realising he was no longer the only rabbit in the house anymore, said I confused the poor little sod :lol:

For once the O/H was right.

Dont worry about it, rabbits can be grumpy little gits :? :lol:

Thanks everyone.
I feel much better now, I think it was just my fault I think I startled him abit.
He's never usually aggressive.
I'm gonna put it down to hormones.
;)

As everyone says its just their way of telling you something, he didn't want to take his trap door out !! My Foster Ollie nipped me this morning because my knee was in her way and she wanted to get passed :lol: :lol: If he meant to bite you, you would know about it, the fact he nipped more likely means he's not a bitey bun :D

As everyone says its just their way of telling you something, he didn't want to take his trap door out !! My Foster Ollie nipped me this morning because my knee was in her way and she wanted to get passed :lol: :lol: If he meant to bite you, you would know about it, the fact he nipped more likely means he's not a bitey bun :D

:lol:
Thanks, I suppose it is the only way they can let you know they don't want you to do something.
I worked out last night that it seems to be when I go near his bedding, his trap door is near his bed area you see. But he doesn't like you touching his bedding. Territorial thing I guess.
Hopefully it'll calm down in a few weeks.

Back