• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Angry due to Petshop

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We have a petshop near us that sells animals..some of which are supplied by another "rescue":evil: :censored:

I am sick of getting calls from people who have been sold 2 girl or 2 boy rabbits...and a few weeks later find babies..

Today I've had a call from a lady who bought 2 girls guineas..and yep..one is a boy and she now has babies...she does not want them to go back to the shop as she now realises ..by looking at her youngsters..that the ones she bought could only have been 2 weeks old when sold:cry:

I'm soooo angry:censored: :censored:

2weeks old :shock: :shock: :shock:
I remember when my babies were that young, they were tiny!!!! And theres no way they would of been ready to leave Mum at even 3weeks, mine were still suckling until about 4weeks old!

2weeks old :shock: :shock: :shock:
I remember when my babies were that young, they were tiny!!!! And theres no way they would of been ready to leave Mum at even 3weeks, mine were still suckling until about 4weeks old!

my boys left their mums at 3 weeks old - they can get her pregnant otherwise, believe it or not (so I was informed luckily, by an experienced member of this forum - or I'd have a lot more than 19 piggies :shock: )

Yeah mine would of gone at 3 if I had any boys but luckily they were all girls but I still wouldnt of liked doing it cos thye were still tiny and still suckling!

Oh its so awful isnt it and unfortunately happens so often. It must be so frustrating for you and other rescues where irresponsible petshops/garden centres just churn out these poor animals which also end up producing more animals cos of incorrect sexing. :censored:

Oh its so awful isnt it and unfortunately happens so often. It must be so frustrating for you and other rescues where irresponsible petshops/garden centres just churn out these poor animals which also end up producing more animals cos of incorrect sexing. :censored:

Sounds like they wouldn't get a much better 'service' even if they went to the rescue :censored:

I can't believe that someone could even TRY and call themselves a rescue but just hand them over to shops :evil:

Jill, how close is the petshop to you?

I may get hysteric reactions for saying this, but... could you help them sex their rabbits? At least that way some babies maybe prevented, if only in your area.

2 weeks! :evil: :cry: poor babies!
Did she want you to take the babies into rescue when they're old enough? is she keeping both mum and dad?

2 weeks old - the thought of Merlot being separted from Catalina at that age would break my heart.

How awful. How old are her current babies? I assume Dad isn't with them.

Whats she doing with Jill?

Poor things:cry:
We got in a litter of very young guinea pigs at the pet shop I work at, the breeder lied at their age:cry:
They seem to be doing okay but their fur looks bad due to lack of vitamins.:cry:
I don't know how old they were when they came in but according to the boss they weren't eating:evil: They are now eating solid food and drinking from a bottle...and eating each other's fur:shock:

When we have baby guineas at school they're usually separated at 4 weeks.
I once saw two boys trying to breed their mothers at 5 weeks so we took them out.

Why don't you have a friendly chat with the manager, offer free demonstration on sexing for the staff and print out some photos/diagrams.

Tam

Why don't you have a friendly chat with the manager, offer free demonstration on sexing for the staff and print out some photos/diagrams.

Tam

well they are not the most approachable place..mainly because i've complained before...they had a sign saying "rabbits reduced to clear only £5"..these were REW's:censored: among other things.
...i may pay them another visit but have been told before.."we take the accidental babies back to sell so what's the problem?"...so wish me luck....

well they are not the most approachable place..mainly because i've complained before...they had a sign saying "rabbits reduced to clear only £5"..these were REW's:censored: among other things.
...i may pay them another visit but have been told before.."we take the accidental babies back to sell so what's the problem?"...so wish me luck....

Ahhhh THAT place!!!! :evil: :censored:

Am I the only one that is more shocked that a 'rescue' sends their rabbits to a pet shop??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Am I the only one that is more shocked that a 'rescue' sends their rabbits to a pet shop??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well I visited a local-ish " rescue" a while back and to say I was shocked is an understatement.:cry: ...rabbits in with gps..homed with gps...VERY ill buns who had not been taken to a vet..they were willing to sell me a couple of really ill rabbits for a tenner each..the person there mis sexed a bun in front of me..and proudly told me that they had had " a couple of litters off this rabbit ..the babies sell really well"..this was a rescue rex who had been handed in 18 months previously..obviously no neutering, homechecking or vacs.....well no vet treatment at all it seemed even for desperate animals:cry:

one poor bun had the worst case of mites I've ever seen..his back was raw and had teeth growing up his nose..he'd been there 2 months but they "hadn't had time to take him to see a vet":cry: :censored: :censored:

and they are still going and continue to call themselves a rescue......

Back