• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

River rat - a special little girl

Luciuslop

Alpha Buck
This is my little old girl, River. She is somewhere around 3 years old. She is blind, deaf in one ear, full of lumps, her back legs do not work and she has constant sniffles from a long standing respiratory infection. Despite all that she still has the most amazing zest for life .... she eats and poos for Britain, too :lol: She does not let her disabilities prevent her from getting around. I have to be careful when I put a bowl of food inot the cage as she cannot see it,just smell it, so she tends to make wild lunges, missing the bowl and grabbing my hand. Her teeth are still in perfect working order :rolleyes: :lol:
She came to me 6 months ago. I had a phonecall from a rescue in Swansea, who had heard that I take in rats and especially old, disabled rats and wondered if I could take her and her sister.

I think she is just amazing :love: :love: :love: :love: She's enjoying a bowl of banana baby food for breakfast here.

r2-1.jpg

Dinnertime

r1-1.jpg

Trying to pose

r3-1.jpg

This is her Neeshka - she's the one on the left. As you can see she is younger, so I am not sure if they are sisters or mum and daughter

n1.jpg

I love the golden oldies, but I've lost most of the one's I had :( :( Definately need some more :D

Awww shes so tiny but you can see how much charcter shes got!
I currently have a 2 and a half year old, she has 2 huge lumps and is loosing weight fast yet she still has so much life in her! Its so hard when to decided the time is right when they look so frail but are so lively isnt it!

Back