• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gate for the stairs

SarahP

Wise Old Thumper
Clover is in the dog house... or rather the bun house... for attacking the carpet. Anyone know where I can get a decent stair gate? I've got one that can be propped up, but it needs to be easily accessible by us going up and down the stairs - just not the bunnies.

Great - I'll check it out, thanks. Are they high enough to stop a determined bunny from jumping over?

Mine is from woolworths it was 19.99, Im sure someone was selling one here the other day. I will try to jog my memory of who it was x x x
:wave:

Thanks. :) Have had a thought though - the bit I need to restrict their access to is before the banisters, if that makes sense, so I'm not sure that a stair gate would work. Will look into them. Bloomin' bunnies. :(

you can get stair gates that are extendable with little things that you turn at the side to get a perfect fit. We have two, one from mother care, one from argos. I actually prefer the argos one.

Mine would need to turn a slight corner though, and I don't think it's possible. I don't know what I'm going to do at the moment... I have a nursery fireguard which can be used, but that's a pain for me to get in and out of! My OH thinks it's terrible that poor Clover won't be able to run upstairs and see us, but he hasn't seen the carpet yet!! :roll: :lol: If I can just put something in the way of the piece of carpet she is now obsessed with, maybe that will do...

You can get dog ones that are a bit taller. Argos do one. Guess you just need to be careful that a bun won't be able to sneak through the gaps. :lol:

Do you have any of the argos storage cubes? - I use them as barriers to stop naughty buns, putting the squares together you can have them as high/low/big/small as you need and cable ties secure them quite easily.....just a thought.
Good luck!

Do you have any of the argos storage cubes? - I use them as barriers to stop naughty buns, putting the squares together you can have them as high/low/big/small as you need and cable ties secure them quite easily.....just a thought.
Good luck!

That's a good idea - I'm sure I've got some spare somewhere. :)

For now the OH has propped up some tiles from the shed in the offending area - looks pretty funny, but hopefully it will put her off.

Back