• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my mums just rescued 2 rabbits

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
just been on the phone to my mum and she told me shes just took in 2, 2 week old babies :shock: my mums friend (well work mate) told my mum how her rabbit had 3 babies but the mum rabbit has died so she was going to drown the babies as they didnt have any chance of living and she didnt want to watch them die slowly :shock: :evil: my mum jumped in of course and told her that she would take them in and attempt hand rearing sadly 1 of the babies passed on before my mum got it so theres now only 2. my mum was feeding them the stuff you buy from petshops but ive told her its not good enough and she needs to switch to whole goats milk which shes doing. my mums had experience in hand rearing but only kittens (cat) so shes aware of how often they will need fed etc. question though at 2 weeks old will my mum need to toilet the babies?

i hope these babies survive i cant believe that heartless person was going to drown them :cry: :evil:

Thank heavens your mum saved them!! Tamsin, Jrn1310 and Jack's Jane all have experience of hand rearing hopefully they can come and let you know the best things. Good luck xxxxxxx

Also dilute the goats milk for the first couple of feeds so their digestive systems get used to it. Adding probiotics may help too. :)

will pass that info on now, which probiotics do i use the only one i have is Pro-Lapis (i think thats what its called and i think its a pro-biotic :oops:)

Well done your mum!

I will never understand why people think that it's in an animal's best interest to drown it!! :evil:

Really hope they thrive!

Carol xx

Bio-Lapis? Small white sachets? Not really sure if it makes a difference or not TBH, but it will not do any harm. :)

It helps set up good gut flora and support the immune system :D

Breeders often use the ceacals from a healthy rabbit mixed in with the milk.

Back