• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nia the wonderbun. New Photo added.

capel

Warren Veteran
She is a changed bun today:D .She's eating well now. My main worry was that she didn't want to eat hay at all, but Leanne gave me some dried grass from a local supplier(a bit like readigrass..never used that either ) . Her buns had turned their noses up at it, but Nia loves it! I'm sitting up here on the landing and all I can hear is her chomping away:) Do I sound like a happy teddy?:lol: . She's also grooming herself properly and I saw her bend down to get one of her caecotrophs tonight, and everytime one of us passes her cage she half-periscopes to see if we've brought her anything worth investigating. Does that sound like the actions of a bun with a serious back injury? I really do suspect the distortion was pre-existing condition made worse by the fall. That would perhaps explain the odd front leg gait I've talked about since we first had her. Anyway, here's a photo of her in her nice new sparkly clean cage..bought today.
Eating her yummy dried grass:
DSC03191.jpg

Having a rest to let it digest!!
DSC03193.jpg

Last edited:
Awww bless little Nia! So glad she is doing so well, she does look very please with her sparkly new home! :D

I take it she's staying then?! ;)

Yes.. I relented last night..caved in under pressure from Rog and Gordon and those pleading eyes!! Oddly enough she seems to have had a miraculous rate of recovery (not out of the woods yet, though) since the decision was made:roll: . I suspect she overheard us discussing it last night and decided she'd played her winning hand!!:lol:

What a change in her :D lets just hope she improves everyday...
I can get some of that grass if you want some it's only about 50p for a big bag, it smells that nice I could eat it myself :lol:

Yayyy great news that Nia is feeling better and even better news that she's now a fully fledged family member!

What a beautiful and clever bunny. Nicely played Nia.... ;)

Just a little update. She continues to improve and is eating like a horse! Her mouth is obviously feeling fine now as she no longer need everything cut up for her, and is going mad for that the readigrass alternative Leanne gave me to try. It' s amazing how the sound of a bunster chewing away contendedly on hay can make the world seem suddenly wonderful:D :D . She's following us whenever we pass her cage and is very alert. She is grooming herself EVERYWHERE and the more this goes on the more convinced I am that the neck problem was a pre-existing condition.Just need to get on top of that dreaded EC now..... Thanks again for all the support everyone gave..it really did help.:)

What FANTASTIC news that little Nia is so much improved.....and equally fabulous news that she will be staying with you forever!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

Why do I always miss the good stretching and yawning shots:? I really thought I'd managed it this afternoon but it's just at the end :roll: ah well..
DSC03194.jpg

Here she is a few minutes later ..Eyes still open, but definately no-one home:lol: :lol:
DSC03197.jpg

AWWWWWWW :love: :love: :love: :love:

I am so chuffed you are keeping her H! :D :D :D Hey you need to change your siggy to include her! :shock: :D

She is lucky to have you with all her problems... :angel:

I LOVE how the poos are camoflaged in the bedding! :lol: Clever! :lol:

If you want more of the grass just yell! ;) Its in a bale and feeding a few more really doesn't make much difference as it goes a long way!:)

Last edited:
Back