• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny changing colour?

Woodlouse

Mama Doe
Is it normal/common for a bun to change colour?!

We've had Ant since August and he's now about 7 months old. He's always had some colouring around his eyes but has recently developed a considerable more colour. His mascara has most definitely been running! :lol:
All of the other splodges of colour on his back and ears have become darker too.

Is this something that often happens?!

Yes its probably due to moulting.Ant will be getting his winter coat:D
All my animals are moulting at the the moment:rolleyes: :rolleyes: You wouldn,t believe how much fur there is over the house:lol: :lol:

Hi there :wave: Sooty had a brown stripe on his head when we first got him & it went, then came back, and has now gone again. Honey's nose has definately got blacker since I got her, I think it's all those bunny licks from her husbunny.

Hia :wave: Aww Ant is so cute !!! Chloe posted about Apache on here a while ago, he went from fawn to grey !! Think they just like to keep us on our toes!!

When i first got Gabe he was golden then gradually developed darker bits, its more difficult to tell with the splodge girls but sure they have changed too !

I had an all black cat once who's tail went white, then back to black again :shock: :lol:

Bobbin has gotten considerably darker since I've had him, and you can see the change in pattern on his face too:

1338284774_68d4922e4b.jpg

1163124109_84b58a9b0b.jpg

1805196716_3961195a46_o.jpg

I swear he changed over night... one day I woke up and he was darker, grown a tash too! :shock: :lol:

Wow .. that's quite a colour change from Bobbin! We also have a hamster that was a chocolate colour when we bought him ... so we called him Twix. He is however now more ginger than anything else!

Some of Ant's brothers and sisters had big patches of colour around their eyes, whereas he had very little. I guess he's just catching up!

Hia :wave: Aww Ant is so cute !!! Chloe posted about Apache on here a while ago, he went from fawn to grey !! Think they just like to keep us on our toes!!

Hmmmm - I'm still not 100% convinced Julia didn't do a swap on me :? :lol: Actually he is even greyer now - the tan patches you can see in the second photo have almost all gone.

CIMG8617.jpg

CIMG8754.jpg

Back