• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Savage Beasts!

racheld69

Mama Doe
My boyfriend was just putting the sofa throw in the wash and has notices HUGE holes chewed in my beautiful brown velvet cushions!!!:shock: :shock: :cry:

At the moment I have willow trellis for the garden stopping them getting on the sofa (well supposedly!! but looking at the new evidence not working all the time! they have already massacred the other sofa too!) but this is really annoying coz you have to move it every time you want to sit down.

Is there anything I can put on the sofa that will make them not want to get on there?? For example something that smells horrid to them but doesn't ruin the sofa?

Oh dear ..... at least it was just the cushions though. My lovely little ratfinks have demolished our leather sofa completely :oops: I'm thinking of donating it to the Tate Gallery as it could be considered a work of art now :lol: I won't repeat what o/h said when he discovered the damage :oops:
taz

No help here, I have little chew marks in the cushions as well (the extra ones, not the sofa seat), and also in my curtains.

But my sofa is second hand - £60 5 years ago, my bargain buy, so I'm not too worried :D

Last edited:
Does this make you feel better......

CIMG0443A.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: you can get anti chew but to be honest I haven't found it works. I find once bunnies have a 'project' they like to finish it :roll: :roll: then they find something else....this was Nushka's pre-spay project ....

Maybe you can put a throw over it??? Edit - just seen you had a throw over it :?

Last edited:
I stumbled across a sour apple spray whilst searching for rat products earlier.

I'll try and find the link for you. Have no idea if it work though, or whats in it :?

:shock: OMG your leather suite looks wrecked - I'm afraid Flopsy (when he comes in) is restricted to the dining room as hubby would be getting rid of us both if he starts eating furniture! So far only walls and skirting board.

Loving the leather sofa! Showed by boyfriend that but it just reminded him he had another 400 eaten holes he had found to show me!:roll:

We had to completely redecorate and refurnish our front room thanks to the buns. They ate: the carpet, the wallpaper, the chairs, the sideboard, the curtains, windowledge and skirting boards. They're banned from in there now. Oh yes and Tosh ate a plaster sculpture of Pauline Napoleon reclining on a chaise - she is naked and he ate her nose, fingers, toes and finally her boobs (ouch) :lol:

We had to completely redecorate and refurnish our front room thanks to the buns. They ate: the carpet, the wallpaper, the chairs, the sideboard, the curtains, windowledge and skirting boards. They're banned from in there now. Oh yes and Tosh ate a plaster sculpture of Pauline Napoleon reclining on a chaise - she is naked and he ate her nose, fingers, toes and finally her boobs (ouch) :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - (not the bit about you having to redecorate obviously as that must have cost a fortune, but the sculpture bit)

Back