• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Chinchilla coloured bunnies

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Are chinchilla grey rabbits rare? There's a chinchilla French Lop on Freeads at the moment, and he has the most gorgeous colour. I've always wanted a grey bunny, but did not know that this fur colour was called Chinchilla.
I don't think I've seen one in a rescue. Does anyone on RU have a chinchilla bunny?

Chinchilla rex is a common breed. They are used in the fur trade because their coats are so similar to real chinchillas but bigger and cheaper to rear :(

I think Tess is Chinchilla :?

Picture1443.jpg

Janex

Mine are definitely cross breeds, but I think they have some chinchilla in them, along with something paler.

I think Dash who was at briar patch for a while was chinchilla, he was rehomed very quickly but was gorgeous! Duke his REW brother is still at the rescue :cry:

My friend used to breed chinchilla french lops..however it turned out most of them weren't really chinchilla, but rather an aguti-sable variety that looks a whole lot like chinchilla but are different genetically. It's really hard to tell the difference, and as pets no one really cares:lol:, but I think one way to tell them apart was that the chinchilla was darker at birth...or opposite... not that it matters much on here anyway but it's kind of interesting if you're interested in rabbit-genetics:lol: (I'm still learning so don't sue me if it's wrong)

iv bred chin mini rex, there arent that many about as they are a difficult colour to get right, they have banding in the coat but i think they are stunning.

mini chin rex baby
DSC00437.jpg

kiraraslitter4.jpg

Aroura
SA400108.jpg

Kiarasgirl3.jpg

Louis
SA400117.jpg

SA400119.jpg

cheeky
Cheekychin.jpg

kiara