• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay experts

Shell

Alpha Buck
Sorry if this is a bit of a stupid question but..... i want to buy the buns some of the hay samples and toys for Christmas from the hay experts website. If I were to order at the beginning of December and was to get the little samples of hay that come in the little paper bags would the hay still be ok by Christmas or would they hay go funny/mingy/dry/smelly/horrible between now and then?

Should be fine for several months, if you store it in a dry shed. I think there is a page about how to store your hay on the Hay Experts website.

Thanks guys. Im having a dumb day. I just got it into my head that it wouldnt last until christmas, I dont know why :roll:

I buy a bale of hay every month from a local farm for my buns which lasts all month but for some reason I thought that as the hay experts hay hay will be nicer, fresher and posher than the stuff I get :lol: it might not stay nice long.

I'm just coming to the end of 10 bales I had in August, and it's still fine.
It helps that they deliver it in those hessian sacks as they allow air to circulate around it.

Back