• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RU Christmas Competition!

vicki267

Mama Doe
Hello, was getting into the spirit of christmas and was thinking about all the wonderful xmas raffles that usually happen this time of the year.

Well why should we miss out?

Perhaps we could organise something wheras members donate some gifts (can be hand made or shop bought, preferably bunny related) and these will be given as prizes to the winners?

The people who buy the raffle tickets (maybe £1 per ticket)? Would have to donate their money to a rabbit charity (like what Jane arranged with her recent comp).

The more gifts donated the more prizes there are to be won :D I would personally like to make a xmas bunny hamper up for one of the prizes.

If all the prizes got sent to me then postage would cost a fortune to get out to the winner so best way is once the rescue has confirmed donation received and the winners tickets have been pulled out of the hat then the person who donated the prize would be given the address of the winner. Kind of like SECRET SANTA but the raffle money is sent to a rescue.

Please let me know your thoughts on this as it could be quite sweet

Many Thanks

Vicki

*Have just edited the title due to reasons shown below :D

Last edited:
Hi vicki. you may have to ask tamsin about this. i tried to arrange a similar thing for a rescue - but didnt realise that you need to have a licence to do a raffle as it is a form of gambling :(

Perhaps calling it something other than a raffle then? Something that would work along the lines of the above.

Technically the "how long is the bunny comp" follows the same rules as it means a person spends their money (donation) and could win a prize :?

Hopefully it will be ok.

A raffle is a game of chance - that makes it gambolling. Guess how long the rabbit is isn't gambolling because there is only one answer and you use your brain to work it out not a random guess :)

Tam

So still using the donation and prize idea perhaps we can do something that involves using our brains? :lol:

As if this isn't hard enough to work out :shock:

Lol I like that one but do I really have to be the one to collect them all :lol:

We could rename it RU Christmas Competition and have a few mini comps within it so then there are a few winners?

What about name the bunny, have a picture of a cuddly toy bunny with a pre-arranged name, and then a list of names to choose from (ask admin to hold winning name) or guess the weight, you could use my honey bunny (who is on a diet):oops:

OK keep the ideas rolling in :)

Have decided the poops in a jar is a very good idea but perhaps using dried peas instead (ah they're roughly the same size :lol: ).

So guess how many poops and guess the bunny name.

:D

Just to add that we have also had an idea come forward for an AUCTION :D

Great idea, just checking this is ok at the moment.

how about doing up a bunny related quiz and each answer a letter from the answer is a prize letter and spells out the winning word then all entrys sent in for a prize draw... this sounds confusing for example....

1.which breed of rabbit is most prone to hock problems (1st letter): a. rex =r
2.what is the name of a baby rabbit(3rd letter) a, kitten =t
3.another name for a rabbit (1st letter) bunny = b
4.what is the name of catwiskers bunny that has just recovered from myxi. 2nd letter (a.caramel.) =a
5.if a rabbit does not like drinking from a bottle where could you put their water (1st letter) a. bowl =b
6. what is the name of the feelers that are from a rabbits checks (3rd letter) a whiskers

rearrange these letters to make a word this is the winning word... rabbit...

or a wordsearch with bunny related words and left over letters would spell winning word? again a draw to be taken place from correct entrys?
=i

Yet another good idea.

Will have a look through all of them again tonight and see which ones are easy to arrange on RU. Definately worth doing a few so that there are more prizes to be won :D

i think that idea is good, but i think it should be on rabbits in general rather than some users rabbits :D

xxxxxxxx

What about something linked to an advent calendar - like guess whose bunny is behind the window, or the colour of the bunny? That way you could have 24 winners in December - poss put names in a hat and draw for a prize on Christmas day - I think this idea is still a work in progress:oops:

:idea: Or......

A treasure map - find where the bunnys left his carrot:lol: This could be a picture marked out in a grid, and the "treasure" would be in one square.

Can you tell I have been to a lot of School Christmas Fayres?

Last edited:
A treasure map - find where the bunnys left his carrot:lol: This could be a picture marked out in a grid, and the "treasure" would be in one square.

Can you tell I have been to a lot of School Christmas Fayres?

Ooh I definately like this idea :lol: At this rate we are going to be overwhelmed.

We really need to find out how many people are willing to donate gifts before we decide on how many competitions we will be running.

If you are interested in donating anything for any of the competition prizes please could you PM me so I have an idea?

It really could be anything, you could make some bunny biscuits (either for rabbits or for humans in the shape of a rabbit).

You could make something using your imagination

You could buy something

You could give some of your old unwanted toys (or treats if still edible :lol: )

I will probably make up a bunny xmas hamper, just so you have some ideas.

I will tidy this thread and idea up over the weekend.

*Edited to add another gift idea, how about buying one of the rabbit rescue calanders as a prize that way even more money goes to charity :D

Ooh I definately like this idea :lol: At this rate we are going to be overwhelmed.

We really need to find out how many people are willing to donate gifts before we decide on how many competitions we will be running.

If you are interested in donating anything for any of the competition prizes please could you PM me so I have an idea?

It really could be anything, you could make some bunny biscuits (either for rabbits or for humans in the shape of a rabbit).

You could make something using your imagination

You could buy something

You could give some of your old unwanted toys (or treats if still edible :lol: )

I will probably make up a bunny xmas hamper, just so you have some ideas.

I will tidy this thread and idea up over the weekend.

*Edited to add another gift idea, how about buying one of the rabbit rescue calanders as a prize that way even more money goes to charity :D

My son Adam has been working on the idea, and has done a draught, don't want to give too much away, can I email it to you?
Sue x

What happens to the regular RU fund raising that we have every year? That's the one run by Tam and every caring members just donate money to the fund raising and Tam uses those money to buy rabbit needed items to send it to those rescue centers.

Are we using the competition this year instead of the above? I am confused

What happens to the regular RU fund raising that we have every year? That's the one run by Tam and every caring members just donate money to the fund raising and Tam uses those money to buy rabbit needed items to send it to those rescue centers.

Are we using the competition this year instead of the above? I am confused

I was thinking this aswell :?

This is something that me and a few other members have thought of, I'm sure it wont get in the way of any other fundraising.

This is just a bit of fun on top of whatever else anyone does as members get to donate money at the same time as taking part in some games.

No harm in raising any more money...

Back