• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gumtree ad UPDATE Baby bunny is with us now

Bavarian Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Edit: the ad has been removed now

What do you think? 7 weeks is very young. I would like to know more, but don't know what to write in an e-mail without sounding rude. :?

Last edited:
Yes, she looks very sweet. I remember an ad for a pregnant bunny a while ago, didn't see it was the same one. :oops: The babies would be due any time now. If she cared about her bunny, she would at least give her to a rescue without asking money for her. :(

Yes, she looks very sweet. I remember an ad for a pregnant bunny a while ago, didn't see it was the same one. :oops: The babies would be due any time now. If she cared about her bunny, she would at least give her to a rescue without asking money for her. :(

EXACTLY! Me and Janice e mailed her but she wouldnt give in. Stupid really, as she doesnt want the bun anymore so why keep hold of her if she is going to have babies? Things like this really annoy me! :evil: x x

I spoke to the lady on Saturday. She said she wouldnt let the bun go for free either to me and that i would have to take the hutch too. She said she was in two minds about keeping here now. She said that she would know if she is pregnant in a few days time, and if she is she would be happy to home her to me, but if she isnt looking pregnant her sister would take her on. I also asked her when her bun was out with his male and if i can remember on top of my head she said 2 of now i think. Defos first week of november though. I could give her a call again if anyone can arrange a home for her.

m
xx

She also said she was reluctant to give her away to an outsider cause she found the rabbit "weeks old" and brought her up. The likey hood of the bun suddenly looking pregnant in a couple of day is unlikely, and most bun dont even look pregnant when they are, so i guessing she wont give it up. Makes me think why exactly is she posting it then for sale. Guess she want money for the hutch, she said she had sold the male mini lop and had no use for the hutch, so i would have to take it. I tried.

m
xx

I have only e-mailed the first one, with the 7 week old bunny and hutch. No reply so far.
The other person sounds like she's only interested in the money for the hutch. Did she say why she really wants to rehome the bunny?

Ive just got off the phone to the lady, she was quited blunt with me. Which i was a bit taken a back with, as she spoke to me the other day really nicely. She said that she is no longer selling her and her friend who breeders rabbits had a feel of the bun and not infact pregnant. So i guess her sister is taking her on how, of maybe she is. I think she said she was pregnant or just had a kid, something like that cant remeber really.

m
xx

Strange person.

I just got a reply to the other ad, this is what the guy wrote:

Hi,

its male and no it's not with its mother. I bought it from the pet shop for my 6 year old daughter's birthday, but she no longer wants it. i have the papers from the pet shop. I unfortunately don't no the size of the hutch, but i do know it has 2 compartments and its in excellent condition as its kept in the garage. I'll be selling everything for £40 but i am open to offers. When i bought it on the 25th october, it was 3-4 weeks old.

Lanre

So the daughter got bored with it after less than a month. Probably because it isn't tiny any more. How can shops be allowed to sell rabbits that young??? And how would he know it is male at that age???? I'd love to hit my head against a brick wall, but I already have a headache. :evil:

Strange person.

I just got a reply to the other ad, this is what the guy wrote:

Hi,

its male and no it's not with its mother. I bought it from the pet shop for my 6 year old daughter's birthday, but she no longer wants it. i have the papers from the pet shop. I unfortunately don't no the size of the hutch, but i do know it has 2 compartments and its in excellent condition as its kept in the garage. I'll be selling everything for £40 but i am open to offers. When i bought it on the 25th october, it was 3-4 weeks old.

Lanre

So the daughter got bored with it after less than a month. Probably because it isn't tiny any more. How can shops be allowed to sell rabbits that young??? And how would he know it is male at that age???? I'd love to hit my head against a brick wall, but I already have a headache. :evil:

Eeek! Thats a bit crazy! 3-4 Weeks!! That cant be true?? Can it!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe he was lied too?? By the shop keeper. Dont their eyes start to open at three weeks?? :( :( :(

Maybe you could ask him for photos of the bun and the hutch, so we can get a better idea of the situation. Would you be able to help the bun?

m
xx

Eeek! Thats a bit crazy! 3-4 Weeks!! That cant be true?? Can it!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Maybe he was lied too?? By the shop keeper. Dont their eyes start to open at three weeks?? :( :( :(

Maybe you could ask him for photos of the bun and the hutch, so we can get a better idea of the situation. Would you be able to help the bun?

m
xx

I doubt that his hutch is suitable for being a foster hutch. Donna said she'd look for a foster hutch for me, as I need my other hutch for Sunnie and her future boyfriend now. I keep an eye out for hutches, too. I can bond Sunnie with a boy in about 4 weeks, but if that bunny in the ad is only 7 weeks old, it could be male or female. Donna said that ARC have no waiting list at the moment, but we are not going to pay anyone to take their bunny.
I asked him if he could describe the bunny or send a photo, and where exactly he is located.

I wish you luck in your quest. Keep us updated! Finding a suitable second hutch can be a bit trixey. Will keep my eye out.

m
xx

Yes, it is tricky, because I need one that is only 20 inches deep, not 2 ft, but it has to have enough height. A two storey hutch would be good.

I had a reply to my questions, here it is:

its a mini lop rabbit - mother is opal in colour and father is grey. It was born 17/09/07.
The hutch has 2 sections. one part were it sleeps and another area for 'chilling' :)
I live in ruislip - middlesex. The bunny looks healthy to me as i bought it from a reputable pet shop. I have all the documents.

Not sure where Ruislip is, have to look on a map. The bunny is actually 9 weeks old, if the birth date is correct, and 5 weeks, when he bought it.

Back