• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 3 boys is going well!

clairen

Warren Scout
My 2 boys (neutered brothers aged 7 months-ish) are being bonded with their father at my local rescue. The owner is doing a fantastic job and I gather they are living in her bathroom. The dad and dominant brother have had a few spats but I hear for the vast majority of time they have all been grooming each other. She emailed me a lovely picture of them all snuggled together. I should be getting them back soon and have been warned more spats might occur when they go into the hutch which was the 2 boys' territory. I do feel a bit nervous I must admit but I know I'll be given good advice and lots of support. It's just I was there when they had their first introduction and spat and the speed at which they fight is incredible. Think I'll be on tenterhooks wearing thick gloves! :lol:

Oooh Yaay!!! I was wondering how they were getting on :D sounds very promising!! My three were bonded in Eve's bathroom :lol: :lol:

Oh I bet Blue looks gorgeous with his two boys :D

:wave: Thanks Louise,
Eve has just emailed me, they are fine and she's bringing them over tomorrow! Am so excited, initial bonding has taken just 4 days! Blue and the boys look lovely together, I'll take a photo tomorrow and upload it tomorrow night all being well, Claire x

Ha ha he must be at least twice the size of Ernie, although I guess they have grown a lot since I last saw them :lol:

Are they indoor or outdoor buns?

He is indeed a bigun but Ernie has filled out, you'd be surprised. Definitely much bigger than either of them will be though, Ernie just needs to accept this :lol: They are living outside in a big hutch with attached run and I've another big run further up the garden. Hoping Blue will keep them warm this winter ;)

I saw them all the other day, it was so cute seeing them all cuddling up together - then Blue did a massive binky which was hilarious. The boys are really big aren't they :shock: And one of them (sorry don't know which) is the absolute spitting image of his father; if we weren't certain which bun was the father when the babies were rescued, it's pretty definite now :lol:

Good luck and I hope they all behave themselves for you when you get them home :D

(and definitely don't forget the piccies!)

I saw them all the other day, it was so cute seeing them all cuddling up together - then Blue did a massive binky which was hilarious. The boys are really big aren't they :shock: And one of them (sorry don't know which) is the absolute spitting image of his father; if we weren't certain which bun was the father when the babies were rescued, it's pretty definite now :lol:

Good luck and I hope they all behave themselves for you when you get them home :D

(and definitely don't forget the piccies!)

:lol: :lol: don't think he fathered smudges babies though :shock:

Well, I have them home which is fab, can't believe how much I missed seeing their little faces. I had to scrub the hutch to within an inch of it's life and spray everything with Citronella but seems to have worked! They're confined to the top part of the hutch today to minimise disputes over whose territory it is :lol:
So far we have had one minor spat which was stopped by my shouting at them :lol: , otherwise they have been grooming each other and are now all snuggled up together and seem in :love:
Fingers crossed they will be alright. Btw - Alison :wave: - Eric is the one who looks like his dad, just a smaller version.

Excellent, I bet you are glad to have them back :D Are you keeping Blue's name?

Lets hope he settles in calmly and the kids know he's the daddy so to speak :lol: :lol:

Yes, I'll probably keep his name, he must be used to it by now. Otherwise I'll need to rename them all into a famous male trio and am having problems thinking of any :?

:lol: :lol: I was planning of changing Poppy's name, and by the time I thought of anything else it was too late and it had stuck :lol:

Back