• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Party too noisy?

Sushis Mom

New Kit
My boyfriend and I are new (1 month) owners of a mini lop named Sushi that we rescued. She's about 2 years old. Our place is small and we keep her cage on a wall between the kitchen and living room.

Saturday night we plan to have approximately 10 people over making it about 12 of us if everyone comes. Now we're not having some sort of teenage house party, but it will be a bit noisy with all the people chatting away.

Will this make Sushi nervous or upset? Would it be best for us to move her cage into another room for that one night? It will be a little bit of a pain to move the cage, but more than worth the effort if the crowd of people will upset her. I just don't have any idea how she will feel about all those people.

Any advice/opinions??? thank you.

im not sure movin her cage is the best idea...... if shes moved and theres a lot of noise shes not used to it might upset her more..... if you put a blanket over her cage where it currently is... shell have her comforts and also probably feel better because shes still in her space...... i could be wrong but i wouldnt move Alvins cage unless he was moving for good (or its holiday time and he has to come with us)...... we changed his housing room a few months back and he took about a week of territory pooping before he got over it...... ive also had a house full and hes never been bothered just his usual self really.....

I would say to move her too. Lots of people and noise might scare her, especially if people have been drinking, they might try to play with her and scare her. Not saying you would let her out, but poking fingers through bars and stuff like that! You could move her a few hours before the party, then move her back when everyone has left, or first thing the next morning.

Charlie normally has the run of the house, but his base is upstairs. When we have had a party or if we play loud music, he takes himself off upstairs and stays there. I don't think your bun will like the loudness of it all. If you move the cage upstairs or somewhere quiet and then put a blanket or something over it, she probably won't know she's moved and will be more relaxed away from the music.

It depends on her personality :) If she's an outgoing type of rabbit then the extra people shouldn't bother her. If she's more nervous then somewhere quieter might be a good idea. If she doesn't have one then a box or something to hide in if she's worried would help.

My housebun would just be sticking his nose out trying to chat to the guests :lol:

Tamsin

It depends on her personality :) If she's an outgoing type of rabbit then the extra people shouldn't bother her. If she's more nervous then somewhere quieter might be a good idea. If she doesn't have one then a box or something to hide in if she's worried would help.

My housebun would just be sticking his nose out trying to chat to the guests :lol:

Tamsin

lol Alvin is like that.... not thing seems the phase the little demon :) i think he beleives hes a dog

(he bit his dad today for daring to be in his way, so funny) :lol: :lol: :lol:

nemo would just be trying to poo in their shoes:lol: :lol: :lol:
he doesnt mind crowds as long as he came get out of their way:D

Tamsin

Same with my buns :lol:

I would move her if she is a nervous bunny :D I moved mine into the neighbours garden for my brothers birthday party, but that was a teenage party and a really loud one :shock: :lol:

Wow... thank you everyone for your advice. Sushi isn't a nervous rabbit but she is still not sure of her surroundings since we've only had her a month. And she can be aggressive. I'm thinking, at least this time we'll move her to
another room and use the blanket idea over her cage.

It's great you've thought to plan for this. I can't move my buns if there's people round because I can't get the big dog crates upstairs and Melanie and Prince are free in the kitchen and I don't have a room where I can move them to.

Luckily they're all people rabbits and don't mind a bit of noise. They're used to me stropping so a bit of music and chatting definately doesn't faze them!!:lol: (Although Oliver starts stamping if I get drunk.:roll: :oops: I don't know how he can tell!!:lol: :oops: )

(Although Oliver starts stamping if I get drunk.:roll: :oops: )

:shock: :lol: That's so funny! It'd be worse than having my Dad there with his disapproving looks!!!! LOL!!

BTW, how did the open day go? Weather was awful! I wanted to go but had prior engagement! - Sorry to hijack the post!

:wave: The open day was a success I think. There seemed to be plenty of people there even thought the weather was dreadful. I ended up spending £50 and sponsored a sponsor bunny. I think they managed to find homes for most of the bunnies too. :D

Back