• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Clothes on rabbits........

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Just found these whilst browsing...........

view points please???

I think they look cute----- but obviously annoying for the bunny.

This we had a similar discussion about collars on bunnies.

Watcha think?

fashion.jpg

bunnyclothes.jpg

A baby bunny might appreciate it but I know what my 6 big grown up bunnies would think :lol: Looks adorable though :D I've got a big teddy bear and I might crochet him a jumper - I know he won't mind ;)

That's so adorable! But wrong at the same time.

I don't agree with clothes on pets at all. A dog "coat" though (just one of those little wrap around things that have been around for as long as dogs have) are ok, 'coz I have seen little jack russels get really cold in the middle of winter.

I work in a florist, and across the road from us is a doggy clothes shop called "Canine Coutre" or something. It's sickening. They do gorgeous collars and beds and bowls n stuff like that, but dressing dog up like a human is just wrong. They have fur for a reason!!

Adorable to look at, but it seems quite cruel :? But I suppose it may depend on the bunny... I know Bobbin certainly wouldn't stand for that! :lol:

I think clothes for animals - with the exception of dog coats for short haired breeds in colder weather - are just pandering to the owners whims. Rabbits, and other creatures, are animals, not living dolls. :( I hate the fact some people dress their animals up like baby dolls, making them look 'cute'... I can't imagine many animals feel comfortable. Especially not rabbits. Imagine, as a prey animal, anything which feels as if it is grabbing them, holding them, or constricting them in any way must be somewhat scary...

I hate it! I just don't get it!! :? Animals just aren't supposed to wear clothe they're animals. Just like were not supposed to wear they're fur!!!

I think clothes for animals - with the exception of dog coats for short haired breeds in colder weather - are just pandering to the owners whims. Rabbits, and other creatures, are animals, not living dolls. :( I hate the fact some people dress their animals up like baby dolls, making them look 'cute'... I can't imagine many animals feel comfortable. Especially not rabbits. Imagine, as a prey animal, anything which feels as if it is grabbing them, holding them, or constricting them in any way must be somewhat scary...

Just what i wanted to say!!! Just couldn't think how to put it!!! :lol:

How stupid! Our dog does have a coat as she only has a thin coat so she needs a waterproof coat, but dress-up coats for animals are just daft :roll:

wow! quick reactions!!!

That bunny doesnt look like he minds. Suppose it depends on the bun.

Some wear leads and harnesses - some hate them. I know mine wouldnt like it,

Silly outfit. What if the bunny gets stuck and hangs itself on it?? Animals should not be used as fashion accessories. If you want to put cute clothes onto something, buy a Barbie doll.
I find it bad enough that people put their babies and little kids in uncomfortable clothes, just because it looks cute.

I've tried it before and it's hard to find a coat that fits!
Before I get stomped on ;) it was for a bun of mine that had suspected kidney failure, he was very thin but also had molar problems so putting him out on grass was important for his teeth and I didn't want him getting cold because of having no fat on him.
However, even the tiniest dog coat was too big and just slipped off so that plan went to pot!

Ditto! :D

Oh..what?:shock:
This is just totally unnecessary and I don't think the buns will like it.
A friend of mine tried to put a hat on one of her rabbits once but he kept tearing it of:roll:

I think its wrong on any animal unless it actually needs a coat to keep warm :( I felt guilty for putting a santa hat on my cat for about 20 seconds and taking a photo last year :oops: I just dont see the point in it x

Back