• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My squishy brothers (rats)

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
:love:

Zeke

DSC05599.jpg

And with his brother Harry

DSC05603.jpg

DSC05612.jpg

DSC05622.jpg

DSC05623.jpg

DSC05624.jpg

DSC05625.jpg

DSC05626.jpg

DSC05630.jpg

DSC05631.jpg

DSC05640.jpg

Remember I posted about Harry not being well, he is still very snuffly and chesty :( A very happy boy though and we are doing our best to keep him comfortable x

they're lovely chunky boys :D
Do you have the whole group out to free-range at once or do they take turns?

The three older ones come out together and when they are back in their cage the babies come out :D

Tonight Aubery didnt want to come out :( I have stopped forcing the older boys to free range because they just get annoyed if you disturb them to bring them out and they only sleep when they are out of the cage anyways. Aubery did come over to the cage door while it was open but he went back up to his hammock to sleep instead of following Harry and Zeke. No doubt he will want to free range before work tomorrow and Harry and Zeke wont want to get out of their hammocks :lol:

I have never really thought of letting the two groups free range together, I would have thought it was a bad idea? I dont actually know though thats just a guess :lol: Like how I wouldnt let Buu or Beau play with Trip and Scarlett because it would cause a whole load of fighting :shock: I just assumed it would be the same with rats x

The three older ones come out together and when they are back in their cage the babies come out :D

Tonight Aubery didnt want to come out :( I have stopped forcing the older boys to free range because they just get annoyed if you disturb them to bring them out and they only sleep when they are out of the cage anyways. Aubery did come over to the cage door while it was open but he went back up to his hammock to sleep instead of following Harry and Zeke. No doubt he will want to free range before work tomorrow and Harry and Zeke wont want to get out of their hammocks :lol:

I have never really thought of letting the two groups free range together, I would have thought it was a bad idea? I dont actually know though thats just a guess :lol: Like how I wouldnt let Buu or Beau play with Trip and Scarlett because it would cause a whole load of fighting :shock: I just assumed it would be the same with rats x

I meant the whole group of older boys - I couldn't remember how many you have...:oops: just knew it was more than 2 :lol:
Just asking cos when I let my 5 boys out to free range I need eyes on the back of my head and 3 pairs of arms! :lol:

I meant the whole group of older boys - I couldn't remember how many you have...:oops: just knew it was more than 2 :lol:
Just asking cos when I let my 5 boys out to free range I need eyes on the back of my head and 3 pairs of arms! :lol:

Ahhh I get it :oops: :lol: Yep there are three of them but there is always one that doesnt want to come out and they are so lazy I dont really need to supervise them because they dont do anything :lol: I have only started letting them stay in the cage if they want to a couple of weeks ago, before that I took them out and tried encouraging them to play but was getting no where :(

The three babies are different :shock: I cant keep track of three of them so dont know how you manage with five :shock: :lol:

i wunder if the bloke would notice an extra pet or two.... i didnt realise rats were sooooo friendly they are lovely :love:

i wunder if the bloke would notice an extra pet or two.... i didnt realise rats were sooooo friendly they are lovely :love:

And they are my biter boys :shock: They werent handled to much at their previous home so they arent too friendly and prefer to be left alone I think, they have started showing more interest in us recently though :lol: They are both sat on my brother there and they had the choice of the whole sofa :D

Our baby boys are very friendly though, they just love being around people and playing on us or snuggling up on us, its lovely :lol:

You'd probably be fine letting them out together for a run round. Although there is no gaurantee, they're not like rabbits when it comes to bonding. Not IMO anyway.

You'd probably be fine letting them out together for a run round. Although there is no gaurantee, they're not like rabbits when it comes to bonding. Not IMO anyway.

:lol: Yeh I know the bonding is so much easier with rats :D Before we got the new babies I was letting Finn play with the older ones and it didnt cause any problems at all in their group when it was time to go back into the cage

And they are my biter boys :shock: They werent handled to much at their previous home so they arent too friendly and prefer to be left alone I think, they have started showing more interest in us recently though :lol: They are both sat on my brother there and they had the choice of the whole sofa :D

Our baby boys are very friendly though, they just love being around people and playing on us or snuggling up on us, its lovely :lol:

wow so theyve really accepted you as family :love:
its took over a year with the chipmunks and they are showing no signs of wanting to snuggle!! i want a rat...... ste gonna kill me if i get one tho.... ill wait till i got the 2nd rabbit before i broach the subject hehehe

shusssh everyone ;)

wow so theyve really accepted you as family :love:
its took over a year with the chipmunks and they are showing no signs of wanting to snuggle!! i want a rat...... ste gonna kill me if i get one tho.... ill wait till i got the 2nd rabbit before i broach the subject hehehe

shusssh everyone ;)

:lol: You will need to get more than one because they are really social ;) Finn was so miserable without any friends, even just playing with the older boys wasnt really enough. I have noticed such a change since we got him some playmates :D

Yep they are lovely boys, they are a bit cuddly just arent always all over us like the little ones. Still very sweet though :lol:

Back