• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is she teeth grinding?

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
Cant work out whether jen is grinding her teeth in pain :? I know the nice tooth grinding when theyre having cuddles or whatever, but never heard this noise before...its like a sort of vibration from her mouth & can feel it when you touch her head? Quite fast? Odd noise. Hard to explain, Any ideas? Thanks :) Xx

Is there any thing else up with her?

Casp was tooth grinding earlier and it was so intense the stethoscope picked it up whilst I listened to his heart and tummy.

It also vibrated through his head :?

Caramel does this sometimes and I think it is a happy thing. How is Jen in herself? xxx

Mmm I can tell the happy grinding though, this is different :? Shes alright in herself as far as I can tell. Still got her snuffly nose but it doesnt bother her, breathing is fine. She has built quite a hideaway in the hutch which is out of character - but it could also be 'cos she was cold? Wondering if her eyes are going to start causing problems again though :? Will call Zoey again tmw but dont want her to be hurting until then if she is in pain?!

I was worried about Trip grinding but he was checked over by the vet and is fine, just sounds different when happy grinding to the other three :D x

I was worried about Trip grinding but he was checked over by the vet and is fine, just sounds different when happy grinding to the other three :D x

Aww :) ...but would she not sound different all the time? She happy grinds every time i stroke her face, but this is totally different? xX

Sometimes Piper will grind different/louder than usual, but she only does it when I'm giving her nose rubs or petting her or whatever. And then she always stops making the noise when I stop petting/rubbing her. She doesn't seem like she's in pain whatsoever so I just assume its a happy grinding...

is she netuered? Could be buzzing....Sooty only buzzed at dinner time but could be when she's content too.

is she netuered? Could be buzzing....Sooty only buzzed at dinner time but could be when she's content too.

Yeah shes been speyed about a year I think, its not buzzing either - argh wish you could all just here it, No good at explaining! :roll:

They can sometimes do it as a contentment thing when they huddle up like a 'duck' (<-- I call it!) ... when Charlie was in pain his whole body was shaking like he was trembling wherever I touched him (usually he 'purrs' when I tickle certain places.

Is Jen eating and pooing ok?

Back