• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

eating the wrong poos - ew!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
why has sorrel suddenly started eating her normal everyday poo as well as the ones she's meant to eat? :shock: i dont know if shes dooing it regularly but i saw her do it a couple of times last night. is it a sign of something?

Tarquin had a few days where he ate his normal poos a few weeks ago. I couldn't work out why and as he was eating the same as normal, and still is and he's stopped, I just left him to it. He rolled them round first as if sussing them out and then in they went and they were gone :shock: :shock:

:)

My boy Bob often eats his normal poos..... he eats a good varied diet with unlimited hay, but sometimes I'll bend down to pick up a stray poo off the florr and he'll and eat it before I can get to it! Other times I'll spot him munching from his litter tray or see a small cluster of poos, then they mysteriously disappear.... I havent got a clue why, but I guess he knows what he's doing!:?
:lol:

I've only seen Evo do it once. He picked it up off the floor, and looked really guilty after he'd done it. :lol:

Mine do it sometimes too, not sure why! They have unlimited hay, so plenty of fibre. Maybe they just taste good :mrgreen:

MIne do it too from timeto time... usually find a crumbled half munched one here and there.. I wondered if they did it to remove the 'territory' from the other bun too?? who knows, whatever works for them :shock:

Back