• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

urgent vet appoinment- 6:30pm

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
:cry: I came home to see Blue wobbling about and tryign to stand but he kept falling over so I brought him and Mgaic indoors and gave him some mashed banana and oats and some fruit smoothie, he is a bit better but not good at all, Magic doesn't want to leave his side even though she can run around the front room if she wanted :love:

he is certainly better than before, he just leapt out his carry cage to eat some veg, so that's a definate improvementa s he coudln't stand up before :)

I'm back.

I didn't really understand what she was saying, it was all very confusing!
any way he has been given some Baytril and needs to be kept in a warm, dry place with Magic and he is back on thursday to have soem x-rays done, she thinks he may of injured his back or his teeth are causing problems again :(

I don't know, she just said that she will give him some antibiotics beacsue he is depressed and on thursday if there is no improvement he will need some x-rays, although TBH I don't think he is injured, he just seems very weak, she also said he has a sore mouth where some spikes have been rubbing on his cheeks so i think that is the problem and once he is stronger we will get them filed down but she doesn't want him under GA whilst he is thiss ill

Urrrrm... baytril for being depressed?! :? Didn't know bunnies could be diagnosed with depression!

You vet seems to loooove baytril, it's all you ever seem to get from them :lol: :lol:

not in depression, beacuse he isn't well he has been given baytril- we alwyas get baytril because they are a cat and dog vet and that is the only antibiotics they get for small animals :roll:

she just said that she will give him some antibiotics beacsue he is depressed

Hmmm :?

You're small animals do seem to make an awful lot of vet trips, don't you think it'd be much better going to somewhere with the expertise and right kind medication needed for the problems they have??

id be a little concerned if baytrill is the only antibiotic your vet have for your buns. if something more serious was needed to be treated they wouldnt have it there.
maybe it wouldnt be a bad idea to have a look around for a vet who would be able to help if a stronger or different medicine was needed.

ive changed my vet recently because the one i was with didnt do VHD as a routine vaccination. he would only do it if he had 4 more people ask for it so he could order a batch of vaccines. so i had a ring around and asked some questions and changed them over to this new one im with now

they do ahve otehr medicines but they order them in for you.

he isn't depressed, it's to describe the way he looks. and my aniamls don't amke alot of vet trips, blue does because he has reccuring problems, and my guinea pig caught Bordatella from Daisy. That isn't alot of vet trips, it's not like they were all in one week, it's not like my animals aren't going to be ill sometime in their life

Back