• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Digging on me and biting clothes

racheld69

Mama Doe
:wave: Barney sometimes comes up to me and digs on me and nibbles/pulls my clothes - what does it mean?? (Hopefully not that he thinks I am a pile of mud and that my clothes are rubbish.:) )

My Lop does the same... actually both my N.Dwarf and Lop do .. only when my legs are in the way on route.

They will dig and pull at my jeans.. I lift my legs and on they trot underneath .. :lol:

Its possibly them saying... 'HELLO... I AM HERE'... or 'EXCUSE ME!'

Who knows.. ;)

Actually Arthur has started to do that too now. I can be quite intimidating having your clothes tugged and ripped at, however he seems good hearted about it.

I gently move him away and he charges back at me! :lol: He is getting very territorial so perhaps its that i am in 'his' space?

I think it's attention seeking. Most of mine do it. I sometimes wonder if the digging is their way of trying to do us a favour? Maybe they think the clothes aren't supposed to be there?:lol:

mine do it as well, and sometimes end up grabbing more than my clothes actually catching my skin and it blimmin hurts although I know they didn't mean it
Sallyx

My old girl used to do it... if she was on my lap being stroked, then I stopped, she'd dig at my legs like a looney, til I started stroking her again.... I guess she liked her own way!:lol:

Charlie used to jump on my back and actually dig (hard!!) when I was cleaning his cage :lol: not sure why... but I think he was trying to 'help' since he never seemed bothered by me moving 'his stuff', he'd just have a sniff round and 'approve' the new bedding :lol:
Very cute tho :D

heehee!! mine too! i think mine (esp Harry) should be in fashion its like hes saying 'no no no mum, these just aren't sitting right.. if i pull this here.... yep thats better!!!':lol:
i think they are being nice !! bless em! i love it when they give me attention like that even when they use me to jump over :D

Bluebell does this all the time. It's definately his way of seeking attention. He also nibbles my arms - not biting - just as if to say 'hello, i'm here!' But I also read somewhere it could be taken as affection and if extream maybe even sexual behaviour.

Mine do it but they also do it to my hand(which hurts like hell!!) when my hand is in their way. So I think it's something like "Excuse Me".

Back