• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping up with hay demand when it's cold!

Morrigan1981

Mama Doe
Has anyone else noticed that their buns are eating LOADS more hay now that it's getting cold?

A bag of the dust free hay used to last me about 4-5 days, but since the cold snap Frankie and Jen have been gobbling it up like there's no tomorrow (a bag is lasting about 2-3 days at the minute :shock: ) They're not even wasting much: they have a cheaper hay for bedding but the hay rack still needs filling 3-4 times a day at the moment. I've never seen so much bunny poo :oops: :lol:

I was worried that it was a sign that they're cold, but they are still flattening down all the extra bedding they get and flopping out to sleep right by the door :rolleyes:

Yeah me too! When I put the buns in the run about 2pm I put a massive pile of hay in...by 5pm there isnt a strand left!! Xx

Muffin is the same at the moment, going through it like there's no tommorow.

LOL Tracie they did exactly that with the hay in the sleeping compartment when they were here, flattened the lot and then came and slept in the main bit:roll: Have just ordered 25 metres of vet bed so it will be nice and soft on their litle bunny bums if they come again:lol:

well i bought a bag for my buns the other day- expensive herby stuff.

I gave it to my uncle to put in as they still have the buns- I asked him to put the whole bag in. I went round Day before yesterday and the bed was empty- he said he used all the hay and i didnt believe him.

Now i feel guilty - eek! I bet they DID eat it all

I'm going through a sack of the dust free hay every 2days,the outdoor buns are eating hay non stop I can't fill up their hay racks quick enough..

yep a big bag of hay has gone within 2 days!! i need to take a trip to pet warehouse 2moz on the bus to get to bags full. should be interesting carrying them onto the bus seen astho they are the same height asto where my wasit is :lol: :lol:

I got my hay experts order yesterday, and gave it to Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Bobby & Nibbles) this afternoon and they went mental for it. It was all nice and "fluffy" to make a nice bed for em to snuggle up in tonight, but no, Nibbles sat in the doorway eating it, Bobby nipped her on the bum as if to say "shift ya bum!" and she ran in, followed by Bobby where they both sat on it, and ate it. I bet it's all gone now. Greedy little beggers!

Back