• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Caspian- 25/11- U/D 11:30am He's Gone :'(

Sooz

Wise Old Thumper
....and I've landed on the ground with a bump :(

Its only in the thread a I posted in Care http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=108644 that I have really accepted there is a possibility Caspian may have a blockage or tumour in his gut which is why he is in and out of bloat. It could even be Pyloric Stenosis.

He is not responding particularly well to meds....they are keeping him 'stable' but thats about it, he has good and bad days and sometimes even good and bad hours :?

45 minutes ago he was huddled by the radiator in the kitchen and now I have just had to pull his head out of the feed holder as he got stuck trying to grab some A&P-despite having a bowl full in his cage :roll:

I really REALLY love him and I am going to be gutted if he has something that requires an op wrong with his GI tract as I know it would not be in his best interests to try and fix it :cry:

I just have to comfort myself that he survived 18 months without treatment before I got him so he has a fighting spirit.

Last edited:
Awwww Sooz sometimes the 'not knowing for sure' makes us always think of the worst possible scenario.
I *really* hope that Caspian will be OK

Janex

He has been so sweet tonight.

He and Poppy were fighting over sitting on my lap and he jumped onto my chest and bit her on the nose :shock: (jealous behaviour I dont want to encourage but its quite an ego boost) then he gave me 'french' bunny kisses by grooming my lips (may have been the sweet taste of WKD) before snuggling in my lap for half an hour and dozing off :love: :love:

I always thought Marley was affectionate but he isn't a patch on Caspians lenghts, especially considering how scared and aggressive he was a few weeks ago although he does still wince if I touch his head unexpectedly...particularly by his scruff :(

awhhh.. i know how you feel as i'm sure do many of us. We love them so much don't we. He obviously loves you too and doesn't sound like he wants to leave you anytime soon!

oh sooz, poor u! i know how much you love caspian. he is so beautiful and sweet, i hope he pulls through xxx

Caspian certainly IS a very special bunny, Sooz.....and I feel SO terrible knowing that he keeps having this problem.:cry: :cry: But he is SUCH a fighter, and has such a strong will, hopefully he will continue to be with you for many long, wonderful years. xxx

He sounds adorable, bless him! You must be really honoured to be groomed like that! :shock: Mishy has groomed my nose before, but grooming your lips, well thats true love! :D

Hope he stays strong and everything will be ok with him xxx

To me Sooz, he sounds like amazing bunsters and amazing bunsters can do alot of things that suprise you. Don't lose faith. xxxxxxx

I really hope you are able to find Caspian has something that can be treated Sooz. He's such a beautiful bunny and I know how much he means to you.

Bunny hugs to you both.

x

then he gave me 'french' bunny kisses by grooming my lips (may have been the sweet taste of WKD) before snuggling in my lap for half an hour and dozing off :love: :love:

Not surprised he dozed off after second hand WKD!! :lol:

Moments like that make it harder when the time comes to say goodbye, but make the pain worth it too

He is having a really bad day again today :(

He is very quiet and lethargic, no appetite and he has wet his back legs. He is snuggled on the sofa now.

Sooz,

I'm sorry to hear this. We had a dog with Pyloric Stenosis some years ago, and although the symptoms are obviously different from rabbit to dog, it wasn't pleasant.

I hope things work out well and I've got my fingers crossed for you both. x

Caspian is desperately ill :cry:

Im doing everything I can for him but its very serious today. He is snuggled on my lap as he is cold...but he just is'nt on the same planet.

Back