• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suddenly ok with being lifted?

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I cant believe what I have just seen, my mum stood in the middle of the room with Buu flopped in her arms enjoying a nose rub :shock:

This is the girly who we have never been able to lift because she would shake and struggle so much and start breathing really heavy. She even hurt herself the first time she was lifted by a vet. The vets wont lift her, its been added to her notes that she needs to be checked on the floor. I really cant believe it, my mum just lifted her and she lay there fine with her nose stuck in the air for ages :shock:

I dont get it, she has always been so terrified of being picked up. She was spayed ages ago so its not like her hormones are changing just now or anything. And she is just as close to us as she has been for the last two and a half years. And we havent been lifting Beau in front of her so its not like she is copying him :?

Its not something she has just gotten used to either because the last time she was picked up was about 2 years ago :?

That's so odd! Piper kinda goes through phases of hating being picked up. A few weeks ago she had gotten to the point where I could pick her up briefly and she wouldn't struggle. Now she's back to absolutely hating it and not letting me even try, like she was in the beginning. Moody little buns...

Has your mum tried before, sometimes my buns react differently to different people. Is she fine otherwise, Gussy is very placid when he is feeling a bit under the weather?

Thats the thing, my mum was the last person to try ages ago and she ended up with Buu hanging off her hand by her teeth :shock: My mum doesnt spend much time with any of the buns. She doesnt really trust my mum any more than the rest of us, before her spay she completely ignored my mum or grunted at her :lol:

I dont know what posessed my mum to try last night, she had a few glasses of wine so I think she just picked her up without thinking and then she was like oh my gosh look I am holding Buu arent I :lol:

Im so confused, when I say you couldnt pick her up I mean she actually went crazy as soon as your hands went anywhere near her sides, back or bum. Its not just struggling :? There are vets at our practice who wont even see her because she has frightened them :oops: With all her biting I have never been bitten though ;)

I have managed to clicker train her so she never needs lifting so I am not going to push it or anything, but I am so proud of her :oops: :lol:

uhu... read this a few hours ago and I thought....well there is hope...

Duhu not... she was a bit drunk???
Well I came home friday (euh saturday actualy) drunk for the first time since we have the twins...and they were really uncomfortable with me...scared even...barely moving...
I guess they knew something was not right with me... My boyfriend was sober and he confirms I didn't imagine this :lol:

So.... maybe she realised not to move to much cause mum was not in a fit state to put her down secure in case of strugling? Just guessing, I hope for you she just changed her mind about being picked up!

uhu... read this a few hours ago and I thought....well there is hope...

Duhu not... she was a bit drunk???
Well I came home friday (euh saturday actualy) drunk for the first time since we have the twins...and they were really uncomfortable with me...scared even...barely moving...
I guess they knew something was not right with me... My boyfriend was sober and he confirms I didn't imagine this :lol:

So.... maybe she realised not to move to much cause mum was not in a fit state to put her down secure in case of strugling? Just guessing, I hope for you she just changed her mind about being picked up!

She didnt seem scared or anything though, she wasnt just still she was pushing her head up so for more nose rubs when my mum stopped and she took some vitamins from my hand still in my mums arms.

The buns have seen me drunk before and will quite happily snuggle up and jump all over me :lol: Im sure they know they get extra treats when I have had a few :lol: My mum wasnt steaming or anything , she could walk fine she was just a bit giggly and not wearing her glasses or contacts :lol:

Back