• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How soon after speying, can I bond?

You should wait at least until her stitches are out and she is back to normal after the surgery.

4 Months is quite young too, I had to wait until she as at least 5 months with Molly to make sure she was developed and the surgery wouldnt be 'pointless' so to speak. The vet suggested 6 months was best but I wasnt sure exactly how old she was at teh time either!! Being a rescue bun they thought she was about 3 months when I brought her home.

I actually bonded Molly with Charlie before her op so was very anxious to get it done as soon as poss so she showed no hormonal behavious - wrong way round to do it!!! All was fine with my pair - I was lucky that she is so submissive with Charlie, adn that he wasnt too OTT when bonding.

I wait two weeks after speying before bonding...longer if her hormones dont appear to have calmed (although at 4 months that may not be an issue).

Agree with above too, Molly didnt have much chance to get hormonal since she was so young having the op.

Most people say to wait two weeks, but one week after my doe was spayed I realised that she must be fine 'cos she was stretching on her tippy-toes as far as she could reach.

I bonded her with my buck this weekend; and they're sat in front of me all snuggled together

We bonded Hoops to Ant 8 days after her spay. Having said that tho, she came through the op remarkably well. Even the day after the op we were restraining her cos she just wanted to play!

Back