• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need to fully fox proof!!!

loobie_lou

Mama Doe
I've moved house and I'm a bit wary that there may be city foxes in the area...

Through the day Saffy and Jamie are able to go in to the run but, because they're both too loved up and Saffy isn't liking the cold weather, they tend to just cuddle up in the hutch. I have padlocks on the hutch which are locked through the day and night (unless, obviously, I'm going in to the hutch to feed and clean), I've got a net over the front of the hutch to stop flies getting in... and, today, I've put a metal panel (part of an old pen I used to use) over the front of the hutch and wedged it in... until I get to move them in to the shed I'm having made at February...

On a night I cover them over with a fleecy blanket and tarpaulin.. which is weighted down with bricks. Is there anything else I can do? The fence around the house is about 6ft/6ft 5 high.

Anything else?? xx

Back