• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dumping season

elaine

Mama Doe
I am just wondering if other rescues are finding this month particularly bad for dumped rabbits,

so far this month I have had 15 in via the rspca that have all been either dumped in a park all (mini lops young 6), found wandering the streets or people have supposedly found even though they have got hutches in garden,

At the moment I am now more that full infact overflowing is the word

Elaine

Ive not had any 'strays' in for ages but I did take in 13 in one week. Only one call this week so far but our free spaces are all reserved now :?

Im not a rescue but I phoned our local rescue this morning to get an idea of numbers so I make sure I take up enough christmas pressies for all the buns and the lady told me they had taken in loads the last couple of weeks :(

in the last 2 weeks we have had 3 strays and 5 dumped buns . 4 of the dumped ones were babies .....
and of course the strays could have been let loose so actualy they could be classed as dumped too :( :( :( :(

we are now full to bursting :shock: :? :(

Had 4 dumped quite near to me recently (start of half term week :roll: ) Not a happy ending though, only managed to catch one, and we think the foxes had the other three. :( The one that was caught and I was fostering then ended up with myxi. :cry: lovely rabbit, less than 6 months old.

I wonder if people seriously think that these rabbits will survive and live happy long lives in the wild, because there is just no excuse for it! :evil:

Someone also found a 2 to 3 week old bunny in their garden a couple of weeks ago. :shock: He is doing really well though. :D

Well it is getting a bit cold to go out there and feed your rabbits, guess you can't blame people for dumping them now and then replacing them in the spring with some new cute bunnies ready for dumping next Autumn :evil:

A lady in our village was going to 'release' her rabbits back into the world and didn't get it when I told her in no uncertain terms how wrong that is, she thought she was doing a good thing as she didn't want the rabbits anymore and they would be 'free' :roll: :cry:

Well it is getting a bit cold to go out there and feed your rabbits, guess you can't blame people for dumping them now and then replacing them in the spring with some new cute bunnies ready for dumping next Autumn :evil:

A lady in our village was going to 'release' her rabbits back into the world and didn't get it when I told her in no uncertain terms how wrong that is, she thought she was doing a good thing as she didn't want the rabbits anymore and they would be 'free' :roll: :cry:

:roll: :roll: :roll: course they would ...didnt you know that:roll:
untill they were eaten , or run over or died of starvation ....oh but then of course theres lots of grass out there :roll:
ARGHH :evil:

DID YOU BOP HER ONE :evil:

jbun1 that bun on your siggy is like the cutest bun iv seen ever :rolleyes: hehe might have to come steal that cutey

there really needs to be some sort of TV campaign educating the stupid people of this world.... domestic animals arent taught how to be wild...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr its soo :censored: obvious to me!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: course they would ...didnt you know that:roll:
untill they were eaten , or run over or died of starvation ....oh but then of course theres lots of grass out there :roll:
ARGHH :evil:

DID YOU BOP HER ONE :evil:

Very tempted ..... I have never ever heard anyone discussing dumping their dog or cat like it's ok, but rabbits seem to be fair game

The general discussions amongst people regarding rabbits make me so angry I tend to stay out of them, people treat them with such disregard, like expendable items that you can always buy another :evil:

Very tempted ..... I have never ever heard anyone discussing dumping their dog or cat like it's ok, but rabbits seem to be fair game

I had a visitor come into work once who, upon seeing the photos of my bunnies told me how she had released her rabbit in a local park and how it had been 'so happy' to be free :evil: Why had she released it? Because she didn't 'have time for it any more'. I actually felt ill, I was that horrified :cry: And she genuinely believed that she had done something nice :shock:

All of these dumped and abandoned bunnies make me SO sad.....there are SO many lately.:cry: :cry: :cry: I wish all of these poor bunnies could have loving Forever Homes for Christmas.....that would be THE best Christmas prezzie EVER.:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

we haven't had any dumped but the phone constantly rings with people wanting to hand in.....
.."I've been given your number by the RSPCA.........":(

Yep, we are the same although I have had more come via South Yorkshire Animal Rescue (SYAR) than the RSPCA.

Back