• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun getting his bits chopped

Rice

Mama Doe
So I took my new bun, Alfred, to the vets this morning to have him neutered. (there's a pic of him on this thread...)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=108473

My fingers are crossed everything goes well! He's such a teeny little rabbit, I'm just afraid something is going to go wrong :( I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but I'm sitting right next to the phone waiting for the vet to call and say everything went well.

Just to add to wait at least 2 weeks, preferrably 4 before attempting bonding.. to make sure the hormones are settles down since if he continualyy tries to hump your doe she may get fed up and then there could be consequences :shock: that cannot be reversed.
It shoudl be that the only humping that occurs is dominace related rather than hormonal :D

I can pick him up at five, its noon here where I am... Thanks for the advice about how long to wait, I was thinking about a month so that should be about perfect! Piper has been going crazy smelling everything lately because she can smell another bunny on me! It's driving her nuts, poor girl!

Got the same issues here with frustrated bunnies!! My two can smell the other two and are tryign desperately to get into the room!! :lol:
And the new two buns are separate for same reasons of him needing neutering (waiting for the second to 'drop' :shock: )... feel like a bad mum being the root of tormenting!!
Nevermind a few months time and (hopefully) they will all be one big happy bunny family :D

Sounds like you have it all sussed then - we coudl be doing our bonding at about the same time too! :D

Snap-a-doodle-do!!
Am terrified about starting it!!!! Mutual moral support suits me down to the ground!! :D

Back