• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H buns.....again! NOW SORTED

Miloe's_Mum

Alpha Buck
I'm in turmoil over this and would really appreciate some advice.

There are 2 beautiful lop buns in my local P@H adoption centre, they have been there over 6 months and the glass tank they are kept in is way too small for 2 bunnies. They never have any toys in there just hay :(

I popped in on Sat morning for a present for my next door neighbours dog and checked in on them again - the light in their tank was out and they were constantly running around the tank - they looked like they were going mad in there :(

Finally some details had been posted up about them - they are 2 sisters, 5 1/2 years old and one of them has dental problems and will need her teeth filing every 6-8 weeks. No-one is going to want to 'adopt' these poor buns because of this and i so want to get them out of there :(

I cannot keep them permanently but can keep them in a dog crate for a small period if i can find proper, loving homes for these two. Is this fair? And is it wrong to ask a rescue to take them on? I would be willing to contribute towards their upkeep and dental problems if someone can take them on.

I just feel so sorry for these two, they are so closely bonded and are always grooming eachother. One has helicopter ears too :love: :love:

Last edited:
I can understand you wanting to take them on, I would be exactly the same. I hope someone can give you some advice on what best to do, hoefully someone can take them on.
Sallyx

As they have been there so long.... do you think she has been actually having her teeth filed every 6-8 weeks?? I cant imagine they'd want to keep forking out for something thats unlikely to be homed.

As they have been there so long.... do you think she has been actually having her teeth filed every 6-8 weeks?? I cant imagine they'd want to keep forking out for something thats unlikely to be homed.

There is money set aside for that sort of thing, so the cost won't be an issue. :) If anything, it will be a case of whether the staff are actually remembering to take her. See if they have any recent vet records you can take a look at.

There is money set aside for that sort of thing, so the cost won't be an issue. :) If anything, it will be a case of whether the staff are actually remembering to take her. See if they have any recent vet records you can take a look at.

Am going down tonight to check on them and 'reserve' them. Will update tomorrow

aww i can't listen or read things like this...its so upsetting.

If i was stuck in my house for 6 months id go mad.

i think you should do some more investigating into this matter. They may have not had any details up before because they were undergoing treatment and not ready for adoption. Thats happened when i went toget Elsa, she was in there for about 1 1/2 months with no details and it turned out she was in quarantine.

It doesnt hurt to ask, i just hope they find homes soon

Back