• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Millie ...breaks my heart.....another pic ..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
...to be putting Millie on here :cry: :cry:
Tracey:cry:

millie-1.jpg

Here is Millies story ....sorry , its a long , sad one :? :(

Once there was a bunny living in not the best conditions :(
luckily she arrived with us ...along with her babies Piglet , Hippo and Roo.
Tracey semi hand reared these babies as Millie had some problems then had a second litter.
Tracey grew very attached to her first three babies as she had helped them survive from being a few days old and she decided to keep them hoping that they could all stay together in a group of 1 girl and 2 boys.
Millie was a good mummy and soon recovered from her two pregnancies . She was put up for re homing . It wasnt long before she was chosen and went off to her new home .
Sadly things went dreadfully wrong . The pairing did not go well .Even though it was taken slowly the 2 buns didnt get on and ended in a terrible fight where both buns were hurt badly . Both needed operations to right the damage done . Millie came back to us :(
It took ages for Millies wound to heal .
We worried about pairing her again in case the same thing happened .
Meanwhile Roo ...the girl out of the 3 babies had begun to boss piglet and hippo around . I the end Tracey had to take piglet out to restore peace . This meant she now had a pair and a single boy .
After much consideration she decided to try and put Millie back with her son Piglet .
It was a nerve racking time for Tracey but things went surprising well . They went almost straight together and seemed realy happy . Millie could be seen grooming Piglet all the time and they were often snuggled up together .
But then disaster struck again . Millie turned on Piglet . Then a couple of days later again...this time a particularly nasty attack:( :(

We just cant understand it ....but have decided that Millie will have to be a single bun:( :(
Unfortunatly because of the fact that Tracey has the rescues as well as her own buns this means that Millie is now up for re homing again ....this time as a single bunny.
To keep her here would be selfish as she would benefit far more from being somewhere where she can get all the attention she craves.
This decision has been heartbreaking for Tracey but sadly she can see no alternative:( :( :( :(

I hope there is a special home out there somewhere for Millie.
She is very , very friendly towards humans and would be fine in an adult household or with older children .
She loves attention and fuss and cuddles and is feeling very sad and lonely at the moment . :( :(

Last edited:
That is so sad, but hopefully someone will come along and give her the home she deserves, fingers crossed for her

thank you ....i hope we can see her settled quickly as she is looking very sad ....i think she does love Piglet but just cant help herself :? :(

Millie would make an excellent housebunny .....she is very very clean and tidy ....a bit naughty with carpet though :roll: :roll:

She is beautiful, but Im not at home enough to give a single bun the attention she would need. Wishing her all the best for finding a loving home

Back